PDA

View Full Version : 2020 F3-T or RT SE6 (no trunk box on either)?

seagravesg
02-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Ready to purchase one of above mentioned. Both vehicles are in stock in my area at more than one dealership. Asking for your shared experiences/thoughts.
Wife no longer rides so just me, no rides expected over 2-3 days at a time at most (mostly day rides), know the RT has some more features, F3 sits lower, RT is more expensive...
Remind me of anything you want. Enjoy this great forum.

JP58
02-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Test ride both than make a decision.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-24-2020, 01:07 PM
Test ride both than make a decision.
:agree: ….I've driven both ( at speed in the twistie's ) imho they drive almost the same, if you aren't carrying a pass. regularly the F-3 is better …. both can have the rear top trunk, but it's a $ option …. Good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

ARtraveler
02-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Another card on the pile for test drive them both. The RT is more for two up than the F3.

Michaelscs
02-24-2020, 05:26 PM
:agree: ….I've driven both ( at speed in the twistie's ) imho they drive almost the same, if you aren't carrying a pass. regularly the F-3 is better …. both can have the rear top trunk, but it's a $ option …. Good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

Unless Mike is talking about the 2020 RT (which I haven't driven yet), I have to disagree with him on the drive/handling of the F3-T vs. the RT (2019 and older).
In my opinion, the F3 handles much better than the RT at speed in the twisties. The F3-T is lighter with a much lower center of gravity than the RT. The RT makes me uncomfortable when driven aggressively in the twisties when compared to my F3-T. Like others have said, you need to drive them both before you decide. For one-up riding, my choice would be the F3-T, but I haven't driven the 2020 RT yet.

TicketBait
02-24-2020, 06:19 PM
The new 2020 RT is lower than previous years. It comes with an adjustable windshield, improved shocks, a larger floorboard , and without the top case, sitting next to a F3 looks better.

I am biased as I have one on order.

ARtraveler
02-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Another card on the pile for F3 being more sporty handling than the RT. This is comparing my 2019 F3 to my 2014 RT.