PDA

View Full Version : on-line ordering OEM BRP parts/accessories

arachnyd
02-22-2020, 05:47 PM
i am going to order some BRP OEM parts and accessories.
i clicked on the link on the main page and added everything to the cart.
https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/for-sale/parts-iframe.html

is this my best option?
I've noticed that the prices are pretty much consistent at other on-line sites.
i am asking if you have had a good experience with the BRP on-line parts site?

thank you
ba

campermac
02-22-2020, 06:14 PM
Me personally I would go back to your dealer and see if they will give you some kind of a discount since you bought your bike there. They will typically give you at least 10% plus a lot of time they will not charge you freight.

frj322
02-22-2020, 07:38 PM
Recently had a really good experience with cheap cycle parts. Was slightly cheaper there and there’s a coupon code for free shipping on their site for orders over $99. Just try finding something for one of our machines under $99, I dare you lol!!!

JayBros
02-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Cheap Cycle Parts may not have some of the accessories you want. For example, a couple of years ago when I was looking for the best price for a driver backrest for a Comfort Seat I called them when I couldn't find it on their web site and the gent I spoke with told me that BRP did not have agreements with them to sell all parts. I have had good luck with BRP online also, like a radiator grill after a rabbit strike, pretty prompt and reasonably priced, that actually came from a dealership in upstate NY.

MONK
02-22-2020, 09:09 PM
Me personally I would go back to your dealer and see if they will give you some kind of a discount since you bought your bike there. They will typically give you at least 10% plus a lot of time they will not charge you freight.

I agree right here. I decided today to buy a Comfort seat for my new '18 RTL. Can Am has it for $570 all day long PLUS tax and shipping. I asked my dealer what kind of deal he could make me. The actual price isn't important but there was a significant discount. He still has to charge me tax but he'll drop off the new seat for free and I'm 25 miles from him. Tough to beat. Unless your selling dealer royally screwed you on the initial purchase, give him some more of your business if he can meet or beat others.

Chasinsparks
02-22-2020, 10:51 PM
My recent experience. I purchase BRP Arm rest for my RT through BRP, if I would have went to the dealer I would have gotten 10% off and would have been able to pick them up the same day since they had them in stock. What I found was I paid 10% more, had to wait 7 days to get them and they came from the dealer that is closest to my house. Brp does a search for the nearest dealer that has the product in stock and ships them from there.

happyspyder2039
02-22-2020, 11:21 PM
i am going to order some BRP OEM parts and accessories.
i clicked on the link on the main page and added everything to the cart.
https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/for-sale/parts-iframe.html

is this my best option?
I've noticed that the prices are pretty much consistent at other on-line sites.
i am asking if you have had a good experience with the BRP on-line parts site?

thank you
bai had good luck with amazon & eBay for purchases. Just got a full cover for $150 instead or 240. Off eBay.

ARtraveler
02-23-2020, 01:56 PM
I recently purchased the Cannonball Cross Country seat for my new F3L. The website was the only place I could find it. It was at list price, but the shipping was free. It came from a regular dealer and not from the BRP warehouse.

Once ordered, it took about three days to get delivered to my door. I was very happy with the transaction.

The suggestion to work through a dealer may also work. The closest dealer to me is 75 miles, and I have not dealt with them yet...except trying to purchase the F3.

You may be able to work a discount from the list price, but the shipping may come up. To me, list price plus no shipping is pretty good. Delivered to my door in about three days, plus no shipping was a great deal. And...for that item...the installation was a "snap." Literally and figuratively. Both seat parts snapped out and in. Easy Peasy.

Tango
02-23-2020, 03:24 PM
I am in need of finding a dealer that will discount OEM accessories. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

ARtraveler
02-23-2020, 05:55 PM
I am in need of finding a dealer that will discount OEM accessories. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Good luck, but if you do, let us know. :popcorn:

However, if you buy at list, will they install for free or a nice discount?

arachnyd
02-24-2020, 10:44 AM
Thank you for all the replies, this discussion is full of good suggestions.

Since my dealer is 75 miles away and this current order is small, I decided to try a dealer closer to home and see how it goes.
It seems that both the dealers and on-line are all selling for the same msrp. Most on-line have free shipping and everyone charges sales tax for Minnesota.
I’ll go visit a dealer I have not been to before and see how it goes.

thanx again,
ba

a99miata
03-02-2020, 07:49 PM
amazon prime....no restocking fee...2 day delivery( on most stuff)

thoffy1
03-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Slingmods.com

Tango
03-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Good luck, but if you do, let us know. :popcorn:

However, if you buy at list, will they install for free or a nice discount?

Only bummer about my selling dealer. Only 10% off, plus 6% tax. :hun: Tom :spyder:

Copperman
03-03-2020, 10:13 AM
Try iMotorsports parts department. Talk to Billy. Be sure to let him know you're a Spyderlover because they're a sponsor.