PDA

View Full Version : HeliBars Horizon HSTX handlebars, 2015+ Can Am F3 & 2020+ RT

rick_w
02-22-2020, 09:35 AM
We have a new product that we really like. We are installing a set on our new Spyder 2020 RT.

HeliBars Horizon HSTX handlebars, 2015+ Can Am F3 & 2020+ RT
http://store.valueaccessories.net/HeliBarsHSTXhandlebarsF3andRT.aspx

We have had these bars on multiple bikes. They are the best there is for being able to adjust to just about anyone

Peteoz
02-22-2020, 05:25 PM
We have a new product that we really like. We are installing a set on our new Spyder 2020 RT.

We have had these bars on multiple bikes. They are the best there is for being able to adjust to just about anyone

Rick, I am a tall rider at 6’7”. I know that you can rotate the bars forward and back which will alter their height, but are you able to give me an approximate height of the bars. Say a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the grips at the tip for the F3 shown in the photo?

Pete

Peter Aawen
02-22-2020, 05:55 PM
Hey Pete, it's been a while since I've had a set of these things, buuut, cos the Helibar Grip/bar-end units are mounted on a swivel that's sort of a 'mini-riser', and the handle bars fitted onto the Spyder itself aren't usually mounted exactly vertical or even at identical pull back angles from bike to bike, that usually means the mini-riser Helibars swivel bit on each end isn't vertical either... So as you swivel the grips on the mini-risers forwards & back, the ends of the grips will swing thru an arc & get higher & lower..... :sour:

So the measurement you are asking for is at best only an approximation, and it'll vary a fair bit depending upon which actual 'base bar' is on the Spyder; how upright or pulled back that base bar is actually mounted & how high in its arc of adjustment that puts it; how vertical the Helibar grips are mounted on the ends of the base bar; and exactly what angle the Helibar grips are set at; probably with the addition of a few more things that I've forgotten too! :dontknow:

But IIRC, the 'Swivel Housing' of the Helibars raises the grip about 50mm/2" above the ends of the base bar ends - hence the 'mini-riser' bit! And then the rotation of the Helibars on the base bar & the rotation of the Helibars on their swivel can add or take away maybe close to just as much height again. Assuming that cos your a pretty large bloke, you are probably going to want the base bars pushed as far forwards & vertical as they can go, and you'll probably do much the same with mounting the Helibar swivels onto the base bar (altho that might change a little depending upon your preferences as to the exact angle you want your grips to be at?!) you'll probably get about the same sort of rise or lift that you'd get from 100mm/4" Dog-bone risers.... but as I said, your preferences may vary, & it has been a while too! :lecturef_smilie:

Still, hope that helps juuust a liddle bit. :thumbup:

ThreeWheels
02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
VERY NICE.
I had a set of Helibars on my ST1100.
They were great.
BRP had the Tri-Axis bars for the 2010-2019.
This could be just the ticket for the 2020 RT.
I'm loving this.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Looking at the Helibar website I have two observations. The wrist angle adjustment is a great feature. That is the one thing I wish the Tri-Axis handlebars would have had. With them the closer to you that you set them the greater the wrist has to bend sideways. On the other hand one advantage, I think, of the Tri-Axis handlebar is that making an adjustment is quick and fairly easy. That makes it practical to change the position for a change in comfort when you travel long distances. It appears changes aren't as quick and easy to make on the Helibar. I've been using the Tri-Axis for about 5 years now.

Peter Aawen
02-22-2020, 07:54 PM
.....the Tri-Axis handlebar is that making an adjustment is quick and fairly easy. That makes it practical to change the position for a change in comfort when you travel long distances. It appears changes aren't as quick and easy to make on the Helibar. I've been using the Tri-Axis for about 5 years now.

True, but because of the different type of bars, you simply can't fit the Tri-Axis bars onto a 2020 RT or any F3..... hence the growing number of recommendations for the Helibars! :thumbup:

Peteoz
02-22-2020, 08:08 PM
Thanks Peter. Yeah, I understand there are lots of variations when taking a measurement, but if I know the measurement is based on the F3 in the photo, I will get a pretty good approximation. I am currently using Lamonts Billy Club (mini ape) bars, which are great, but the wrist angle is a bit off for me. I need a bit more height because Daylong lifted my seat 1.5” for the hip/knee angle, and as you know, I am a little taller than average. Even Lamont’s bars don’t look tall when I’m behind them :ohyea:

Pete

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-22-2020, 08:24 PM
True, but because of the different type of bars, you simply can't fit the Tri-Axis bars onto a 2020 RT or any F3..... hence the growing number of recommendations for the Helibars! :thumbup:
Yes, I know! But I just wanted to point out that the Helibars, although great, aren't the perfect solution! Of course, the perfect solution doesn't exist, and never has! :gaah:

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-22-2020, 08:27 PM
Thanks Peter. Yeah, I understand there are lots of variations when taking a measurement, but if I know the measurement is based on the F3 in the photo, I will get a pretty good approximation. I am currently using Lamonts Billy Club (mini ape) bars, which are great, but the wrist angle is a bit off for me. I need a bit more height because Daylong lifted my seat 1.5” for the hip/knee angle, and as you know, I am a little taller than average. Even Lamont’s bars don’t look tall when I’m behind them :ohyea:
The solution is simple! Buy the Helibar and put it on your current F3. Then regardless of what you buy or keep you'll have it as the solution. If you buy, transfer it! If you don't, keep it!

Peteoz
02-22-2020, 09:33 PM
The solution is simple! Buy the Helibar and put it on your current F3. Then regardless of what you buy or keep you'll have it as the solution. If you buy, transfer it! If you don't, keep it!

Yep, that is exactly what I planned to do, Idaho. BUT...... They are expensive and I do not want to go to the expense of buying them in Aussie$ and getting them shipped out here only to find they do not give me enough height. That’s why I am after the approximate height.

Pete

rick_w
02-22-2020, 11:01 PM
Yep, that is exactly what I planned to do, Idaho. BUT...... They are expensive and I do not want to go to the expense of buying them in Aussie$ and getting them shipped out here only to find they do not give me enough height. That’s why I am after the approximate height.

Pete

They are up to 4 inches higher then stock height.

Peteoz
02-22-2020, 11:27 PM
They are up to 4 inches higher then stock height.

Brilliant......thanks Rick......there will be an order heading your way in the next couple of days ����

Pete

Jetfixer
02-28-2020, 07:35 AM
The open ends of the bars closest to the center hub seem perfect for add-on extension pieces for attaching other items such as bottle holder and cell phone/gps......

rick_w
02-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Stock bars compared to HeliBars.

stebrock
02-29-2020, 09:09 PM
I assume this would still fit?179175

rick_w
03-01-2020, 09:34 PM
I assume this would still fit?179175

The Docking Stations will work with the Helibars. The F3 station will work fine, with a modification of longer Spacers and longer bolts so there is clearance for the Nut on the bottom side of the RAM Ball. We will be seeing about getting a kit together for this also.
Attached is a picture of the F3 docking station on the RT 2020.

cintrog
04-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Rick, I have a 2020 RT Ltd and have added a phone holder, cup holder and GPS.
My question is will the HeliBar system allow me to to add a phone holder as noted in the attached picture?

Thanks
cintrog

KenInMN
05-01-2020, 08:16 AM
I I just installed HeliBars on my 2018 F3L. About as easy as it gets. Since there are so many different adjustments I was able to fine tune them to fit me exactly. Even that only takes a few minutes.Hands and wrists really like them as well as my shoulders.

I highly recommend them.

KenInMN
05-01-2020, 08:20 AM
Rick, I have a 2020 RT Ltd and have added a phone holder, cup holder and GPS.
My question is will the HeliBar system allow me to to add a phone holder as noted in the attached picture?

Thanks
cintrog

Room enough on my F3L. If the cup holder mount is the same size or smaller then it will work. Bars are the same for both models.

troop
05-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Brilliant......thanks Rick......there will be an order heading your way in the next couple of days ����

Pete

Hey der,
Did you ever order these? If so, thoughts compared to the Billy Clubs? Thx

upsdoctor
05-25-2020, 09:03 PM
I installed a set of Helibars two weeks ago on my 2020 RT and cannot believe how comfortable the ride is now. I installed phone and cup holders by Ram mount and added USB power as the final touch. Buy the Helibars, you will love them.

PW2013STL
05-25-2020, 10:59 PM
This is one of the mods I ordered for my 2020 RT as well, as a set for my wife's 2018 F3L. Comfortable ride makes for a long ride that makes for more smo
Smiles.

Peteoz
05-26-2020, 01:54 AM
Hey der,
Did you ever order these? If so, thoughts compared to the Billy Clubs? Thx

No Troop.....I lied. Well, actually, very shortly after I said that, my super fund investment balance went through the floor due to Corona Virus, and is still just lying there, all beat up. I won’t be buying ANYTHING for a little while. Sorry..

Pete

troop
05-26-2020, 07:58 AM
I hear ya ..

Right now, I am currently using the OEM bar in the fully raised position. I tried the long reach bar, but it was too low for my taste. I guess I'm looking for taller than OEM with the longer reach of the long reach bar.
For those with the Helibars installed, what is the width of your bars from grip end > grip end (yup, I know that's adjustable) ? Thanks

troop
07-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Bump for an answer :)

For those with the Helibars installed, what is the width of your handlebars from grip end > grip end (end of the grips, not the caps) And, yup, I know that's adjustable ? Thanks

ThreeWheels
07-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Bump for an answer :)

For those with the Helibars installed, what is the width of your handlebars from grip end > grip end (end of the grips, not the caps) And, yup, I know that's adjustable ? Thanks

31 15/16" from the outside of one grip to the outside of the other.
As you said, this is adjustable.

upsdoctor
07-13-2020, 05:16 PM
I have mine set at 30 3/4"