PDA

View Full Version : Captcha for search

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2020, 08:01 PM
Question Anthony! Why do we need to do the Captcha verification for every search we do when we are logged in? I can see using it for people not logged in but why when we are logged in?

Peter Aawen
02-17-2020, 08:33 PM
You'd probably be MUCH better off sending that question thru the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page - by posting questions for Anthony here in the public pages, it might gain attention for your issue, but it might take a loooong time for Anthony to actually find it... he doesn't read every post in every thread that hits the public pages, but he DOES get to read all of the msgs sent via the Contact Us link! (Sorry Anthony! :rolleyes: )

That said, I really think this might be something to do with YOUR set-up?! :dontknow: I certainly don't ever hafta go thru the Captcha Verification when I do a search, and I can assure you, I do LOTS of searches! Have you done anything or changed anything on your local service &/or device lately? It does sound annoying, but I can't see how anything platform or Forum based could make this happen for only some users without effecting ALL users?? And AFAIK or have heard to date, it doesn't seem to be effecting all users!!? :sour: Got me?! :dontknow:

But please, do try the Contact Us link! :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-17-2020, 09:15 PM
You'd probably be MUCH better off sending that question thru the Contact Us link down the bottom of each page - by posting questions for Anthony here in the public pages, it might gain attention for your issue, but it might take a loooong time for Anthony to actually find it... he doesn't read every post in every thread that hits the public pages, but he DOES get to read all of the msgs sent via the Contact Us link! (Sorry Anthony! :rolleyes: )

That said, I really think this might be something to do with YOUR set-up?! :dontknow: I certainly don't ever hafta go thru the Captcha Verification when I do a search, and I can assure you, I do LOTS of searches! Have you done anything or changed anything on your local service &/or device lately? It does sound annoying, but I can't see how anything platform or Forum based could make this happen for only some users without effecting ALL users?? And AFAIK or have heard to date, it doesn't seem to be effecting all users!!? :sour: Got me?! :dontknow:

But please, do try the Contact Us link! :thumbup:

I noticed the other day I'm in the same boat as IMF on this issue ….:dontknow:.... Mike

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2020, 09:30 PM

Happens with Edge and Chrome also. This was the first time, I believe, that I accessed SL using Chrome. I almost never use either of those.

I could be wrong, of course, but I figure Anthony probably has an automated filter in place that will pop up or highlight any post that contains his name. That's why I started it out that way. But I'll try to remember the Contact route next time. Then again, by posting in the forum and attracting responses he can get a feel whether it's an isolated, minor, or major issue throughout the forum.

DGoebel
02-17-2020, 10:24 PM
I just tried with Chrome and didn't get any Captcha. Could be corrected now?

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-17-2020, 11:52 PM
I still get it. I logged off, cleared cookies and cache, logged in, and still get the Captcha. Also, does simple search using the box at the upper right of the forum index page work for you? When I use it I immediately get taken to the advanced search page.

EdMat
02-18-2020, 12:38 AM

I just did the same thing. Used the plain search and advanced search. Neither showed the typical Captcha box.

BTW, regular search stayed that way, it did not throw me into advanced.

Windows 10, updates current. Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit). If that helps any.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-18-2020, 12:45 AM
It's a mystery to me! :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Edit: I just tried and get it on my laptop, my other desktop, and my Android tablet. Sure points to something at the SL end and not my end unless it has something to do with my Internet provider.

Little Blue
02-18-2020, 01:16 AM
:coffee: No search problems for me.
Sorry for those who have an issue.
Hopefully someone will find a fix. ...... :thumbup:

TicketBait
02-18-2020, 01:26 AM
No issues with search on safari

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-18-2020, 01:42 AM
I wonder if it's related. I can't make a pin stick on the spyderlovers user map either.

Snakeyes
02-18-2020, 09:54 AM
I just did search with Chromebook and had no problems (Captcha)

d.o.spyder-rts
02-18-2020, 11:16 AM
I also just did a search-no captcha problems. Dale

ARtraveler
02-18-2020, 11:22 AM
I access the site through Google Chrome. I have experienced no issues with logging on or making searches. No Captcha elements have popped up.

JayBros
02-18-2020, 12:39 PM
I access the site through Google Chrome. I have experienced no issues with logging on or making searches. No Captcha elements have popped up.

Same here.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Whatever the glitch was Anthony has fixed it. No more Captcha!

BK911, check to see if it's fixed for you too.