PDA

View Full Version : New 2020 Spyder LT Limited brought home today

will
02-12-2020, 04:55 PM
Finally brought the new 2020 Spyder LT Limited home today, Petrol Metallic Black. Got it from MotoMember in Purcellville, VA. The owner (Billy) gave us a great price and really did a great job working through all the options. Still waiting for the hitch and upgraded seats. Also planning to add a skid plate from a third party vendor as soon as they are available. It was about a 20 mile drive home, great ride and I liked it way better than the 2012 Spyder RT we had in the past. I picked a road over the mountain, what we call mountains in the east, and it was fun. I look forward to putting more miles on it. I purchased some heated clothing that will be in shortly which will be great to get out.

Arion
02-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Arrgh, my envy meter is pegged in the red zone.

robhowen
02-12-2020, 05:48 PM
I got my Asphalt Grey one on Saturday. I, like you, found the ride to be so much better than my 2015 RTL. I was very positively surprised. Now I'm trying to get through BRP Connect. Sygic was recommended to me as the GPS solution. I have it installed on my phone and working on my Spyder. By "working" I mean I can see the map. I still have much to learn on using it. Music is working through my iPhone as well.

Have Fun with your new toy.

Rob

CopperSpyder
02-12-2020, 06:05 PM
:congrats: On the new Spyder 2020 RTL Will. Make sure and post a photo so we can all have a look. Sounds like a sharp looking machine.

Tango
02-12-2020, 06:43 PM
:congrats: I pick ours up tomorrow morning. Pertol Blue Dark also. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

bikerbillone
02-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Congrats, fond memories of my rides to Harpers Ferry from when I lived in the Dale City area, enjoy your new ride.

ARtraveler
02-12-2020, 07:38 PM
:congrats: :congrats: and :congrats:

cptjam
02-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Congratulations! Now to ride it!

MonPaul
02-12-2020, 10:02 PM
:congrats: But we need a pic??

ARNIE R
02-12-2020, 10:57 PM
Finally brought the new 2020 Spyder LT Limited home today, Petrol Metallic Black. Got it from MotoMember in Purcellville, VA. The owner (Billy) gave us a great price and really did a great job working through all the options. Still waiting for the hitch and upgraded seats. Also planning to add a skid plate from a third party vendor as soon as they are available. It was about a 20 mile drive home, great ride and I liked it way better than the 2012 Spyder RT we had in the past. I picked a road over the mountain, what we call mountains in the east, and it was fun. I look forward to putting more miles on it. I purchased some heated clothing that will be in shortly which will be great to get out.

Did you take RT9 or Chestnut Hill RD?

pegasus1300
02-12-2020, 11:40 PM
:congrats::nopic:

CentralCoastCA
02-13-2020, 01:28 AM
I got my 2020 Asphalt Grey today, loved the 140 mile ride home. :2thumbs:

Saluda
02-13-2020, 10:34 AM
Congrats and enjoy !! :clap:

will
02-13-2020, 05:21 PM
Thanks to all of you. I will put up a picture tomorrow. But I did think of something I wanted to pass on to you. My dealer had a Spyder with an adjustable handle bar to try different reach positions for the handle bar distance. So Billy set up the handle bars in a position so that I can set upright which really helps my back. It is great to have the choices on the fitting.

KDVa
02-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Hi there! I am working with Billy to purchase my first spyder (first motorcycle of any kind!) and he has been really great, very patient.

MikeT
02-14-2020, 07:51 PM
Thanks to all of you. I will put up a picture tomorrow. But I did think of something I wanted to pass on to you. My dealer had a Spyder with an adjustable handle bar to try different reach positions for the handle bar distance. So Billy set up the handle bars in a position so that I can set upright which really helps my back. It is great to have the choices on the fitting.
Just out of curiosity was the "adjustable handle bar" the new Horizon Helibars, or a different F3 handlebar option??????

will
02-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Mike,
I don't know for sure. When I sat on Billy's (I think F3) that he had adjustable positioning points to get my fit correctly. But the handle bar is looks fixed and maybe they come in various sizes. Next time I am at his shop I will ask him.

Peteoz
02-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Just out of curiosity was the "adjustable handle bar" the new Horizon Helibars, or a different F3 handlebar option??????

Mike, I can’t imaging a dealer in his own showroom putting thirrd party handlebars on the demo. I have seen the bars Will is referring to at my dealers, and it is effectively short, standard and long reach OEM bars, combined into one. It’s a great idea.

PETE

will
02-21-2020, 07:18 PM
Route 9, I will look at Chestnut Hill Rd. Kind of mechanical from 6 years of commuting into NOVA

will
02-22-2020, 07:40 AM
Did you get the Spyder? This is my second one, first was 2012, and this is way better. I also had a couple of Goldwings and other bikes but my short inseam made it a challenge to hold up a fully loaded bike with passenger.