PDA

View Full Version : Paint Job

wmjkweber02
02-11-2020, 07:58 PM
I am sure some of you have had a complete re-paint on a Spyder F3L. What were some cost estimates for a top quality three level paint job - no fancy pinstriping or other enhancements. I really want to change the color of my ride. Baby blue just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks.

Revalden
02-12-2020, 12:47 AM
I am sure some of you have had a complete re-paint on a Spyder F3L. What were some cost estimates for a top quality three level paint job - no fancy pinstriping or other enhancements. I really want to change the color of my ride. Baby blue just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks.

I understand your dilemma, I love my Red and Black Special Series. Also my High School Colors. When I saw it in an ad, I HAD TO HAVE IT, no matter the cost or whatever I had to do to make her even SPECIAL-ER. I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN, and I'm 69 years young now.

jcthorne
02-12-2020, 09:28 AM
I paid about 1800 but I removed and replaced all the panels myself. That was just for the paint work.

hypurone
02-12-2020, 10:07 AM
I would consider a wrap instead. Just in case you ever go to sell the bike and someone wants it in the original color, the wrap can be removed....

cptjam
02-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Agreed. Got a paint estimate for a customer a few years ago. 4K! Wrap is much cheaper.

krakum1967
02-12-2020, 12:40 PM
I am doing the wrap, I will have it in after winter bills go down, but I want to keep my dark grey and black in pristine shape, and the wraps help protect plastic finishes, so I am wrapping.

Gwolf
02-12-2020, 12:52 PM
I am considering getting a lot of love bugs airbrushed on the grill, front end, and fenders. It is the only way to have a paint job that looks natural in Florida.

JP58
02-12-2020, 10:28 PM
Is yours the color of mine. I love this blue. Has a lot of depth in the paint.

wmjkweber02
02-13-2020, 01:04 AM
Mine looks a bit lighter than yours, but that could be the lighting. If yours is a 2019, it could be. My paint looks fine, just not my color. Not surprising that other people like it.

PMK
02-13-2020, 05:03 AM
I paid about 1800 but I removed and replaced all the panels myself. That was just for the paint work.

That was some nice color also. Guessing they used high end automotive paint and it was not done at the local $199 gets your car painted shop.

PMK
02-13-2020, 05:12 AM
Did you have a new color in mind?

Are you planning to remove the bodypanels yourself and deliver to a quality paint shop?

Reason I ask, most of the bodypanels remove fairly easily and straightforward. If there is a BRP color you like, the panels come already painted. So, if you received all the panels it could be a one day swap. As for cost, not inexpensive, but if you have a reasonable dealer, talk with the parts manager, see if he might give you a better price. You could also shop online, but again, be cautious about price. Many times prices are inflated above MSRP, and these Cheap Parts places give you a deal selling to you at MSRP.

Wraps are cool, myself I just prefer a quality paint with nice depth to it.

Motorcycledave
02-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Believe it or not.....
I have had several motorcycles painted and except for the show bikes never paid big money for a paint job
my last one last year was a Honda ST1100 I took all the plastic off all the panels that can be painted, fenders tank
side plastic and such and took it all to MAACO locally, had it painted black with clear coat it looks new $500