PDA

View Full Version : chicago IMS

JP58
02-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Went to the show and not one single can am Spyder there. Not even a dealer and the place was packed solid. Very disappointed.

krakum1967
02-09-2020, 04:31 PM
that stinks....

Peter Aawen
02-09-2020, 05:37 PM
BRP pulled out of doing shows like that quite a few years ago now. IIRC, they haven't been at any of the shows since the release of the Triple Black RT's & F3's back in 2015??! :dontknow:

JP58
02-09-2020, 09:32 PM
Last year there was a local Dealer there with a few. Not this year. Someone posted on facebook that there were 10 Spyders at the Minnesota IMS show including Two 2020 RT Limited's. Should of went there instead.

Raprider
02-09-2020, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it does stink...I think the last time they represented in NYC was at least 3 or 4 years ago.

Jdr00ejr
02-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Having not been to the Chicago IMS for 10-15 years - I was surprised by many things. While it was still a decent size show and fun, it certainly wasn't what it use to be. BRP wasn't there at all. Polaris wasn't there with the Slingshots which I felt was a huge missed opportunity as well. Would have been cool to see Vanderhall there, another missed opportunity. Yamaha didn't have any of their Star Motorcycle line there. The last time I was at the show I was with Star Touring and Riding Association and helping in the Yamaha area to talk about their Star bikes. Indian was a dismal showing honestly - they did have 2 of their Challengers but not near the models I expected to see. I liked the Vendor options - and enjoyed the bikes that were there - but was definitely surprised at the lack of many I expected to see.

JP58
02-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Yamaha discontinued all but 2 star motorcycles. Star Venture and V star 250. There going for the young crowd.

Jdr00ejr
02-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Yamaha discontinued all but 2 star motorcycles. Star Venture and V star 250. There going for the young crowd.

Wow! I'm apparently out of the loop on my STAR info. I had no idea. Just looked things up. Seems they kept the Bolt also. And the VMax is still around. That's sad - they had a decent line-up.

When did they kill the rest?

trikermutha
02-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Guess I didn't miss much this year at the show.

JP58
02-10-2020, 09:18 PM
Wow! I'm apparently out of the loop on my STAR info. I had no idea. Just looked things up. Seems they kept the Bolt also. And the VMax is still around. That's sad - they had a decent line-up.

When did they kill the rest?

I think 2017. I sure like the v star 950. I may get one as a 2nd bike. The bolt and v max are for the younger crowd. That is the style they like. And of course sport bikes.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-10-2020, 10:59 PM
Having not been to the Chicago IMS for 10-15 years - I was surprised by many things. While it was still a decent size show and fun, it certainly wasn't what it use to be. BRP wasn't there at all. Polaris wasn't there with the Slingshots which I felt was a huge missed opportunity as well. Would have been cool to see Vanderhall there, another missed opportunity. Yamaha didn't have any of their Star Motorcycle line there. The last time I was at the show I was with Star Touring and Riding Association and helping in the Yamaha area to talk about their Star bikes. Indian was a dismal showing honestly - they did have 2 of their Challengers but not near the models I expected to see. I liked the Vendor options - and enjoyed the bikes that were there - but was definitely surprised at the lack of many I expected to see.
You may have observed one of the impacts of a slowing motorcycle market in general.

ARtraveler
02-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Interesting news about Yamaha. I did not know that either. I only get Rider magazine these days.