PDA

View Full Version : Sent a message to Brp

Roger
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
i was trying to view pictures on their website but can only view the little icons not the larger pictures i thought it was me but lamonster says he can't either so it must be them anybody know whats going on, anyone BUELLER, BUELLER. :dontknow:

BLACK WIDOW
07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
i was trying to view pictures on their website but can only view the little icons not the larger pictures i thought it was me but lamonster says he can't either so it must be them anybody know whats going on, anyone BUELLER, BUELLER. :dontknow:

Their web site leaves a lot to be desired. IMHO:doorag:

Firefly
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
:agree:

Thier website bites. Too much flash-intensive stuff, difficult to navigate and find what you want, etc.

j45p3r
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM

Thier website bites. Too much flash-intensive stuff, difficult to navigate and find what you want, etc.
Figure I'll chime in just incase BRP reads this, but I agree that their website leaves a lot to be desired. Finding the things I want to find is too much work. All the flash stuff is totally unnecessary and the navigation is poorly designed IMO.

Lamonster
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I love it, makes my site look good :D:ohyea:

Big Arm
07-27-2009, 03:11 PM

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Roaddog2
07-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I love it, makes my site look good :D:ohyea::agree::agree::ani29:

Longlegs
07-27-2009, 07:59 PM
:agree:X3. I never look at it, not even on my favorite liist.

Smylinacha
07-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Your site is tons better than theirs! Theirs is too busy, too much looking around to navigate. The flash is a total PITA - I can't go there at work on my lunch because we don't have flash at work and when I am home I get lost in there.

Only thing I do is log on to view the pics once in a while in the "share" section.

The site was pretty poor in the beginning and when they revamped it, the site got even worse. Plus it's a little to Euro for me. Don't know how else to describe it. I think of the Spyder as a muscle 3 wheeled monster that needs to be ridden but they kinda portray it as some metro euro type of transport. OK, just being honest. Only my opinion:dontknow:. Plus since you added the Photo Albums there are tons more pics in here to look at! And where else can you find tech info? I'm no gear head (thank God HDX is) but I've learned alot just going in and reading the shoptalk stuff.

Bersquack
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah and the map feature used to be cool, now it is just plain hard to navigate.

The pics problem has been going on for a few days now.

Anyway, this is where I get my spyder info!

BajaRon
07-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I too have given up on the BRP web site. It has a lot of potential but it feels like marketing types are running it and not prople that actually ride.

Too much flash and not much substance. Glitchy and hard to navigate or find what you're looking for.

I will always spend my time here first. But it would be nice to visit the BRP site and actually be glad you did once in awhile.

Brevet05
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
:agree:This thread is a relief! I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the BRP site. I was hoping to find some local San Antonio ryders, and was told to register on the Spyder Ryder forum, but I never was able to locate the forum. Oh, well. I guess when I get back home, I'll drop in to STS and see if they can steer me in the right direction.

Some Guy
07-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Yep...their website sucks...but so does their attitude towards their dealers (another thread). I absolutely LOVE my Spyder, but I can't help but wonder...if they keep up their history of HORRIBLE customer service and their equally HORRIBLE treatment of their dealers...how long is it going to take a competitor (Honda, Yamaha, etc.) to come out with a very similar design with better dealer networks (who are happy doing business with them) and MUCH better customer service.

Please...discuss... :chat:

bjt
07-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Yep...their website sucks...but so does their attitude towards their dealers (another thread). I absolutely LOVE my Spyder, but I can't help but wonder...if they keep up their history of HORRIBLE customer service and their equally HORRIBLE treatment of their dealers...how long is it going to take a competitor (Honda, Yamaha, etc.) to come out with a very similar design with better dealer networks (who are happy doing business with them) and MUCH better customer service.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-020.gif For the right price, I would consider a Honda reverse trike that was similar to the Spyder.

BajaRon
07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-020.gif For the right price, I would consider a Honda reverse trike that was similar to the Spyder.

You know the other manufacturer's are watching the Spyder to see if it flies. These are tough times and not too many are looking to expand. Most are not even able to hold on to what they have now.

I saw that Toyota is closing their plant in California.

But it is a real temptation, I'd think. Everyone else now knows what works and what doesn't. It's always easier to improve on a good idea than it is to come up with the original idea in the first place.

What we need to do is get Lamont to build something from scratch, post How-To videos and then we can all build our own!

Let's see...Boss Hoss motor, hubless rear wheel, Air Ride Suspension all around so you can raise and lower it at will, Transparent Skin with NMN LED's so you could back-light the entire machine and change colors at will.

Hey! Why didn't I think of that sooner! :roflblack:

bjt
07-28-2009, 09:02 AM
You know the other manufacturer's are watching the Spyder to see if it flies. These are tough times and not too many are looking to expand. Most are not even able to hold on to what they have now.

I saw that Toyota is closing their plant in California.

But it is a real temptation, I'd think. Everyone else now knows what works and what doesn't. It's always easier to improve on a good idea than it is to come up with the original idea in the first place.

What we need to do is get Lamont to build something from scratch, post How-To videos and then we can all build our own!

Let's see...Boss Hoss motor, hubless rear wheel, Air Ride Suspension all around so you can raise and lower it at will, Transparent Skin with NMN LED's so you could back-light the entire machine and change colors at will.

Hey! Why didn't I think of that sooner! :roflblack:

I like those design ideas (really like the hubless wheel look). :thumbup:

Biker
07-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a lot of disgruntled Spyder riders on here. I tend to agree with you on their website. Has anyone ever checked out the Harley Davidson website? There was some work put into that one. Although, I don't own a Harley anymore. I own a Spyder. We have a lot of negative words on here about the product we bought. How bout we look for some positive things about the machine. You must admit, it has grabbed all of us or we wouldn't have purchased it. I enjoy riding once again. It makes me smile when riding it. This machine is in it's early stages and needs some tweeking, no doubt about it. Hopefully, it will get better in time. They always say don't buy a new product until it has been proven. Well, someone has to be the guinea pig. We're it. We grabbed the bull by the horns because there was something we saw in this product to make us try it. Yes, there are a few things that need to be addressed. :agree: Lamonster, has been doing his part. But, let's all:yes: have some fun. Let's put on our "Party Hat" and have a good time.

Lamonster
07-28-2009, 09:56 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11600

ntxYguy2009
07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
:agree:. I am very impressed with the work that Lamont has done. We are the voice for BRP! Lamont's site, along with the others, provide a valuable service. We are riding a new generation of vehicle and I for one am enjoying every minute of it.

BLACK WIDOW
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM

There is no doubt that this is one of the best sites on the internet, well designed, well managed, and with all the best sponsors. That is not necessarily a compliment, only the facts.:firstplace: nojoke

BajaRon
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of disgruntled Spyder riders on here. I tend to agree with you on their website. Has anyone ever checked out the Harley Davidson website? There was some work put into that one. Although, I don't own a Harley anymore. I own a Spyder. We have a lot of negative words on here about the product we bought. How bout we look for some positive things about the machine. You must admit, it has grabbed all of us or we wouldn't have purchased it. I enjoy riding once again. It makes me smile when riding it. This machine is in it's early stages and needs some tweeking, no doubt about it. Hopefully, it will get better in time. They always say don't buy a new product until it has been proven. Well, someone has to be the guinea pig. We're it. We grabbed the bull by the horns because there was something we saw in this product to make us try it. Yes, there are a few things that need to be addressed. :agree: Lamonster, has been doing his part. But, let's all:yes: have some fun. Let's put on our "Party Hat" and have a good time.

Simply nature of the beast. Think about it. How long can we discuss what we like about the Spyder?

Well, quite some time. But still, we all love the Spyder or we wouldn't be here. This is something that we all have in common. Sooner or later we get to a point where we are regurgitating the same great aspects, that we all agree on, over and over again.

That can get pretty boaring. And this Forum (love it or hate it) is ANYTHING BUT BOARING!

When one person's Spyder breaks down, catches fire, dealer closes, etc., then that is NEW and FRESH informaton that we are all interested in.

After everyone has their say, puts in their 2 cents till they have a bucks worth invested (me included) it sometimes appears, as you said, a bunch of disgruntled Spyder owners complaining about their ride.

But line us all up and ask us what we think in a few short words and you'd get a much better feel for it than you might from reading threads and posts focused on (sometimes) negative issues.

BajaRon
07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
There is no doubt that this is one of the best sites on the internet, well designed, well managed, and with all the best sponsors. That is not necessarily a compliment, only the facts.:firstplace: nojoke

:agree::agree::agree:

Firefly
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM

There is already HUGE competition for the Spyder:

http://www.roketa.com/product/2610/0/47107.shtml

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack:

13 HP !!!!

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bjt
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack:

13 HP !!!!

Now I know where Bajaron got his idea for the mirror mount. :D

Smylinacha
07-28-2009, 08:52 PM

I like my Spyder but I totally :agree: with you on the above - others are gonna get into this market - and I'm looking forward to it all:popcorn:

BajaRon
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Now I know where Bajaron got his idea for the mirror mount. :D

Oh, now that really hurts...

barb36jack31
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Would love to see Honda jump into this market! Say perhaps a VTX twin, shaft drive and all the traditional Honda reliabilitry!

BajaRon
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Would love to see Honda jump into this market! Say perhaps a VTX twin, shaft drive and all the traditional Honda reliabilitry!

I'd like to see the Spyder with the Suzuki M109R 1800 cc motor. That is an impressive power plant. Maybe too much torque for our light rear tire though.

Lamonster
07-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Pictures still don't load for me. :dontknow:
http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/PictureViewer

bjt
07-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Pictures still don't load for me. :dontknow:
http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/PictureViewer

Ufff.... :sour: First time I've been there in months and the pictures won't load for me either. I may try BRP's forum again next year. :dontknow:

BLACK WIDOW
07-30-2009, 09:30 AM

13 HP !!!!

You know; That thing LOOKS pretty good.:shocked: