PDA

View Full Version : OEM Spyder Hitch Ball

campermac
02-06-2020, 09:20 PM
Has anyone out there tried to remove the hitch ball that comes mounted on the OEM Spyder Hitch?

I have tried everything including a 4 foot breaker bar on the nut and the ball both and ended up bending one of the Snap-On breaker bars.

Any help would be appreciated.

CopperSpyder
02-06-2020, 09:25 PM
With the hitch off I heated the ball put it in a vice and removed the bolt.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Has anyone out there tried to remove the hitch ball that comes mounted on the OEM Spyder Hitch?

I have tried everything including a 4 foot breaker bar on the nut and the ball both and ended up bending one of the Snap-On breaker bars.

Any help would be appreciated.

This might help. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?124037-Tow-Ball-removal-Genuine-BRP-tow-Hitch&highlight=brp+hitch+ball

Bfromla
02-07-2020, 01:54 AM
178605:gaah: Wanted to swap to one of those interchangeable types where you have 1 stud & can swap the ball size with no tools:thumbup:
the hitch to low to ground to get my impact to fit, went by Harley shop tech got it off for free :clap: :2thumbs: Was surprised to see the amount of rust inside & no lock tight. Applied anti-seize appropriately when put back on. FYI the oem hitch hole too small to fit the interchangeable type:banghead: not sure the diameter sorry. Don't get hernia attempting at that low position :lecturef_smilie:

Mazo EMS2
02-07-2020, 05:02 PM
If you get it off, drill the hole out and use whatever you please. Yet another reason to go with aftermarket.

Bfromla
02-14-2020, 04:00 AM
Update:dontknow: any LUCK??:popcorn::popcorn:

pegasus1300
02-14-2020, 12:24 PM
178605:gaah: Wanted to swap to one of those interchangeable types where you have 1 stud & can swap the ball size with no tools:thumbup:
the hitch to low to ground to get my impact to fit, went by Harley shop tech got it off for free :clap: :2thumbs: Was surprised to see the amount of rust inside & no lock tight. Applied anti-seize appropriately when put back on. FYI the oem hitch hole too small to fit the interchangeable type:banghead: not sure the diameter sorry. Don't get hernia attempting at that low position :lecturef_smilie:

With rust who needs locktite.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

campermac
02-14-2020, 10:04 PM
took the hitch off the bike, clamped the ball in a vise, added a little bit of heat, used a 36" breaker bar and off it came.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-14-2020, 10:30 PM
took the hitch off the bike, clamped the ball in a vise, added a little bit of heat, used a 36" breaker bar and off it came.
Persistence wins again!! :2thumbs: