PDA

View Full Version : 2019 F3Limited Tour Pack Removal

frigmall
02-05-2020, 04:21 PM
Has anybody else removed the tour pack off of a 2019 F3 Limited?
We recently purchased a new 2019 F3 Limited for my wife, I ride a Harley. She was not a fan of the tour pack and we trailer anytime we do any distance traveling. I saw a promotional video about the ability to remove it off of a 2017 (see attached) so I ordered the F3-T tail section and clips, and had the tail section painted to match. I removed the tour pack per the video and the 1st issue I had was the antenna plug on the 2019 is different from the one shown in the video. I had purchased a hidden antenna to put under the tail section but it had the old style antenna wire plug. I removed the whole antenna and wiring from the tour pack and was able to hide it under the tail section.
The current issue now is the rear section of the seat does not close tight against tail section. The rear section has a couple of small springs on it that is keeping it up almost an inch.
I hope there is an easy fix to this, if not let this be a warning to anybody else that attempts to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ihJHPQTbM

ned64
02-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Im thinking the seat doesnt sit down all the way is because the springs hold seat up till someone sits on it. Once weight is put on seat it presses on a switch to tell the nanny that there is someone on the back seat an it changes some settings in the nanny. Maybe unhook the switch an take out the springs so the seat will sit flat. Dont know if that will work the last part tho.