PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 Times

BLACK WIDOW
07-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Has anyone actually clocked the Spyder for 0-60 times. This has been a controversial subject in some of my circles. I would like to know what the Spyder would do out of the box VS one with minor mods i.e. high flow air filter, JB, Hindle or the like. I'm sure someone has had the same curiosity.:dontknow::doorag:

BajaRon
07-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Has anyone actually clocked the Spyder for 0-60 times. This has been a controversial subject in some of my circles. I would like to know what the Spyder would do out of the box VS one with minor mods i.e. high flow air filter, JB, Hindle or the like. I'm sure someone has had the same curiosity.:dontknow::doorag:

Not sure myself. But my opinion is the Spyder drag times suffer from a lot of wheel spin. It has a big foot print but not much weight back there.

If it hooked up sooner that would probably make more difference than the HP made by the mods suggested.

ataDude
07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
...If it hooked up sooner that would probably make more difference than the HP made by the mods suggested.

:thumbup:

SpyderDeb
07-27-2009, 02:24 PM
:chat: While flipping channels my husband came across a show on Canadian industry a couple of weeks ago. There was a segment on the Spyder! We were surprized to hear them say that the Spyder would do 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds from the factory - no mods. I'm thinking a license plate 60N4.2 would be fun :f_spider:

wyliec
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
:chat: While flipping channels my husband came across a show on Canadian industry a couple of weeks ago. There was a segment on the Spyder! We were surprized to hear them say that the Spyder would do 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds from the factory - no mods. I'm thinking a license plate 60N4.2 would be fun :f_spider:

I have read close to that, about 4.5. If it can do 4.5, I would think a stock spyder could hit mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. But, someone here has been to the drags with mods and was hitting mid 13's.

Firefly
07-27-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah - but those were CANADIAN seconds...... :roflblack:

BLACK WIDOW
07-27-2009, 06:24 PM

Maybe that was 60 KPH.
I think that anything under 5 seconds to 60 Mph is VERY FAST
There isn't many autos that could even come close; Except for the most exotic.:doorag:

SethO
07-28-2009, 01:52 AM
I know from my drag slips the 60'' times were around 2.3 seconds but I know they don't give the 0-60 times. 8.76 at 81.71 at 1000 ft that is the best info I can give you.

BajaRonQuote:
Originally Posted by BLACK WIDOW http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125708#post125708)

Not sure myself. But my opinion is the Spyder drag times suffer from a lot of wheel spin. It has a big foot print but not much weight back there.

If it hooked up sooner that would probably make more difference than the HP made by the mods suggested.

the traction issue is very much the problem, even though I can't do as good of a job as a full human I think even a normal person would have trouble getting more weight over the rear wheel

BLACK WIDOW
07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
I know from my drag slips the 60'' times were around 2.3 seconds but I know they don't give the 0-60 times. 8.76 at 81.71 at 1000 ft that is the best info I can give you.

BajaRonQuote:
Originally Posted by BLACK WIDOW http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125708#post125708)

the traction issue is very much the problem, even though I can't do as good of a job as a full human I think even a normal person would have trouble getting more weight over the rear wheel

YOU ARE VERY MUCH A FULL HUMAN,THAT IS OBVIOUS, my friend.:thumbup:

Tom in NM
07-29-2009, 05:16 PM
YOU ARE VERY MUCH A FULL HUMAN,THAT IS OBVIOUS, my friend.:thumbup:

. . . . maybe more.

Tom