PDA

View Full Version : F3-t

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-02-2020, 08:16 PM
I've seen a few ads for the F3-T that don't mention whether it has a Radio or not …… However I believe if it has SPEAKERS, it must have the radio ….. yes or not always ….. thanks …. Mike :ohyea:

va2djd
02-02-2020, 10:18 PM
Yes there is a radio on the F3T and LTD, and since they have the new display digital they removed the AM bands in the radio

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Yes there is a radio on the F3T and LTD, and since they have the new display digital they removed the AM bands in the radio

Thanks, I would only be interested in a pre 18 model …. imho, BRP screwed up the radio's 2018 & after …… Mike :banghead:

blacklightning
02-03-2020, 09:04 AM
I do know that it was an option with the F3T, but I am not sure if the speakers were already installed or not. I would think that it was wired up, but that the speaker installation was left out.

Rattlebars
02-03-2020, 11:19 AM
The '16 and '17 has a radio and some speakers. Old analog speedo & tach dials and digital display also showing both..

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-03-2020, 11:45 AM
I do know that it was an option with the F3T, but I am not sure if the speakers were already installed or not. I would think that it was wired up, but that the speaker installation was left out.

I THINK -if a pic of an F-3 has the speaker assembly mounted to the cowl … Then it should have a working radio - at least that's my thoughts on this ….. thanks …. Mike :ohyea:

cptjam
02-03-2020, 07:13 PM
Yes, all with the speakers have a radio.

lloydw1
02-03-2020, 11:49 PM
My used 2016 F3T did not have speakers or radio installed. You may notice that some F3T's from that generation will use the term audio or with audio in description if it already has stereo installed. I had my stereo installed at my dealer. I know that for 2016 the stereo was an option not a standard feature on the T's.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-04-2020, 12:22 AM
Yes, all with the speakers have a radio.

Thank you ….. Mike :ohyea:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-04-2020, 12:24 AM
My used 2016 F3T did not have speakers or radio installed. You may notice that some F3T's from that generation will use the term audio or with audio in description if it already has stereo installed. I had my stereo installed at my dealer. I know that for 2016 the stereo was an option not a standard feature on the T's.

Thank you also ….. so when you bought yours ….NO Speakers = No Radio ….. Mike :ohyea:

ARtraveler
02-04-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: AM bands gone. I have the 2019 F3L and it came with the radio. No AM now...just the FM bands. I still have a 2014 RT-S also with a radio. That one has AM and FM. Not much difference between the two that I can determine. When we both have the same station on it gives a neat effect going down the road. :yes:

And yes...I like country (the old stuff).

acdcking12
02-04-2020, 03:32 PM
I have a 2016 F3-T and it has no radio. Never looked, but I assume no speakers either then.

Jdr00ejr
02-04-2020, 03:44 PM
This thread is fascinating to me. I did not realize you could get F3T without a radio. So with that as the case - what did you get over the base or S? You got a windshield and the molded side bags with matching rear clip? Anything else? Huh - very interesting.

Michaelscs
02-04-2020, 04:02 PM
This thread is fascinating to me. I did not realize you could get F3T without a radio. So with that as the case - what did you get over the base or S? You got a windshield and the molded side bags with matching rear clip? Anything else? Huh - very interesting.

Console, dash area is different that also allows for different windshield options. You get the air bag rear suspension. These are the 2 most important reasons I switched from my Daytona to an F3-T.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-04-2020, 04:10 PM
I have a 2016 F3-T and it has no radio. Never looked, but I assume no speakers either then.

If your F3-T had speakers … you would notice …. there's four of them and they are large ….. look on e-bay - the ones that have the speakers are very noticeable …. Mike :ohyea:

Michaelscs
02-04-2020, 11:40 PM
If your F3-T had speakers … you would notice …. there's four of them and they are large ….. look on e-bay - the ones that have the speakers are very noticeable …. Mike :ohyea:

:hun: There is NO visual difference in the body(console) between an F3-T with a radio & speakers and one without. The speakers are behind the grills in the console and can barely be seen through the grills! 2016 is the only year the audio system was an option on the F3-T. Later years it was standard.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-05-2020, 01:42 AM
:hun: There is NO visual difference in the body(console) between an F3-T with a radio & speakers and one without. The speakers are behind the grills in the console and can barely be seen through the grills! 2016 is the only year the audio system was an option on the F3-T. Later years it was standard.

:hun: & :hun: ….. your post above seems to be contradictory to your other post listed as #0 …...……… whatever, …. I have this issue resolved now ….. Mike :ohyea:

Michaelscs
02-05-2020, 11:05 AM
:hun: & :hun: ….. your post above seems to be contradictory to your other post listed as #0 …...……… whatever, …. I have this issue resolved now ….. Mike :ohyea:

:hun::hun::hun: If you would read the entire post, you would understand that in post #14 I was replying to Jdr00ejr about what you get with the F3-T over the base F3 or the F3-S. In post #16 I was replying to your post about the difference between an F3-T with audio and one without.

MONK
02-11-2020, 08:56 PM
I was window shopping Can Am accessories today (for my (hopefully) near future purchase. Can Am shows a radio kit that seems to include (4) speakers, some sort of electronic box (not sure if it was just an amp or an actual head unit) and wiring harness.....for about a grand! It said it was specifically for the 2016s.

newbert
02-12-2020, 08:03 PM
FWIW - The 2016 F3T that I bought brand new from the dealer came with no radio or speakers (and I can't say that I miss them).