PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a cure....

Peacekeeper6
01-29-2020, 01:06 PM
....for the dreaded Farkle Virus ????

Great Googilly Moogilly, I thought pimping out my Harley was bad, but this is RIDONKULOUS !!!!

Guess it could be worse. I could've contacted that Corona Virus that's been in the news lately....

RICZ
01-29-2020, 01:16 PM
I knew there was a reason I don't like Corona beer. Warning! Stay away from it so you don't get the Coronavirus too.

2dogs
01-29-2020, 01:54 PM
I have the virus also. Worked my way down to Corona lite and that's as far as I've gotten. I just can't shake it. I guess once you're infected it's for life. I get a flare up when I'm near a BBQ or when I see a hamburger or pizza. It's a terrible affliction and I've found no antidote for it.

pegasus1300
01-29-2020, 01:55 PM
An empty checking account and maxed out cards have been known to slow it down, but cure, I don't think so.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Saluda
01-29-2020, 02:04 PM
BRP does their best to spread this one.

ARtraveler
01-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Beware of "Farkleitis." There is a lot of that going around. Been there, and done that. Still have about $800 to go on my new F3L. Going to hold out until the 3,000 mile oil change service and get it all done at once.

RICZ
01-29-2020, 03:50 PM
I have the virus also. Worked my way down to Corona lite and that's as far as I've gotten. I just can't shake it. I guess once you're infected it's for life. I get a flare up when I'm near a BBQ or when I see a hamburger or pizza. It's a terrible affliction and I've found no antidote for it.
In the beer capitol of Portland, Oregon, any beer lighter than dark walnut furniture is sold on the bottled water aisle.

ThreeWheels
01-29-2020, 03:52 PM
https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96447&d=1412622613

Lew L
01-29-2020, 04:34 PM

Lou,

It is an addiction and there is no known cure. If you run out of $$$ you'll try unsavory ways to farkel again.nojoke:joke::joke:nojoke

Lew L

Revalden
01-29-2020, 07:15 PM
I've got Farkleitis also. I've had to tell the FedEx, UPS and Amazon drivers to not deliver ANY packages on Friday, Saturday or Sunday when my wife is off work. nojoke

Purple Guy
01-29-2020, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

2dogs
01-29-2020, 08:30 PM
In the beer capitol of Portland, Oregon, any beer lighter than dark walnut furniture is sold on the bottled water aisle.

Yea, working my way to the bottle water but it's almost as pricy as the lite beer. I've saved a little bit now to do a gage-ectomy and I just ordered the parts today. Hopefully I can do it for under $40.

Navydad
01-29-2020, 09:31 PM
Pretend that all farkles are oil filters. We spend hundreds on stuff that glows, twinkles, shines, or makes noise, but we throw a fit if an oil filter costs more than $5.

canamjhb
01-29-2020, 10:26 PM
I found a cure. (Or so I thought) Many years, many vehicles each farkled and loved. My Spyder was no exception. After nearly 3 years it was coming close to being the perfect machine for me. But when I lost my wife it had to be sold. So, I went back to riding my old Goldwing that I had farkled to death while owning it for nearly 15 years. I thought, "It is perfect, what more could I do except enjoy the ride". Well, last week I go riding with a new guy who has great looking tank knee scuff pads on his bike. Gotta have them. I thought the old Wing was the cure. But, I fell off the wagon. Now convinced that it is a sickness that is incurable..... Jim

Gwolf
01-30-2020, 07:50 AM
So far I have not done much to the Spyder, but eventually there will be things I just have to do.

This is my last bike when I bought it and the same bike when I gave it to my son 20 years later.

http://www.tanwater.com/pics/01sporty-whenbought.jpg

http://www.tanwater.com/pics/01springer-rocker%20007.jpg

Big F
01-30-2020, 11:28 AM

Great Googilly Moogilly, I thought pimping out my Harley was bad, but this is RIDONKULOUS !!!!

Guess it could be worse. I could've contacted that Corona Virus that's been in the news lately....

LOL
and it doesn't go away????????
BIG F (also a 101st veteran)

Deanna777
01-30-2020, 12:39 PM
I also have farkle virus, but my spyder is in hibernation, and I don't have time to buy farkles because I am usually on the sled in winter.

I can not get away from the farkle virus, I have a new sled to farkle in the winter. It never ends!

Deanna

krakum1967
01-30-2020, 12:46 PM
I have it. Yea, I went a little nuts on the RS-S, but I just love the machine, it has characteristics that just cant be matched on a bike. I have owned LOTS of bikes that are faster, quicker, and even built a few nice ones up over the years. But the Can Am is a really unique ride, and I know that even though I am 52, this is one of the last machines that will come through my barn, and I plan to pass it down.

I have finally found my "Red Barchetta" like the Rush song describes. And I am halfway to being the white haired old uncle that keeps an old machine, for 50 odd years, to keep it as new as been his dearest dream. Yea, I am that guy now, and my Can Am is that machine, its unique to me, and I may own another, but I will ALWAYS keep this RS-S.

But I have recognized my "Farkle-itis" and am in therapy. "Hi, I am Kraig"...."Hello, Kraig"...."I own a Can Am and I spend WAY too much money on it...." ....lol...maybe we should start a group, eh?

Wildrice
01-30-2020, 01:10 PM
I put a tach on my Cub Cadet--Why?? Even my wife asked me WHY? :-(((

Cruzr Joe
01-30-2020, 05:57 PM
The “CURE” is plenty of cash, not necessarily a cure, but it no longer itches or hurts.

Cruzr Joe

Tec35
01-30-2020, 10:23 PM
New addict here. I bought my Spyder F3 base model just after Thanksgiving. At first I was just going to add fog lights and a signature light for visibility. Then I figured I got the spyder apart let's change the headlights to LED. Wife asked what I wanted for xmas I said heated grips. I just installed those and figured I would install Spyderpops RGB LEDs and brake light kit to get my spyder ready for the season. I also added some decals from wrapmyspyder. Now I am thinking about detachable saddle bags and cruise control switch...it never ends I am hooked and I have only put 300 miles on my spyder:yikes:

Mikey
01-31-2020, 07:49 AM
It just amazes me when we are so frugal when we buy, we don't want to pay for the top model because it's to much money, then after it's home and we have it for a while, BAM, out comes the check book and here we go, load her up:roflblack:!!!! And I most cases we spend more money doing it!!!!:cheers:

ARtraveler
01-31-2020, 11:06 AM
It just amazes me when we are so frugal when we buy, we don't want to pay for the top model because it's to much money, then after it's home and we have it for a while, BAM, out comes the check book and here we go, load her up:roflblack:!!!! And I most cases we spend more money doing it!!!!:cheers:

You have a very valid point. I put $3K on each of my 08 and 09's and made them into RT's. The RT's did not come out until 2010...and they looked a whole lot like what I did. :roflblack:

I just bought my first F3 Limited. I will still have almost $2K worth of accessories on it when I am done farkeling. The farkleing will end when I have my 3000 mile oil change/filter service done. :popcorn:

Arion
01-31-2020, 04:16 PM

My doctor recommended heavy sedation. :yes::yes: