PDA

View Full Version : Product review - visor pinlock

JimH
01-26-2020, 08:31 PM
I bought a Shoei helmet which included a "free" pinlock for the visor. If you are not familiar, a pinlock is an add-on to the inside of the visor which will keep your visor from fogging up. I know there are many helmet claiming the no-fog visor.

I tried it today and was really surprised at how well it worked. During a 40 degree ride my helmet did not fog once, and normally during a ride at this temperature I need to keep my visor cracked to prevent foggy. I really great item that does what it claims.

JimH

Grandpot
01-26-2020, 10:18 PM
:agree: I've used one for a couple of years. Well worth the money.

MrSchaefer
01-27-2020, 07:19 AM
:agree: I've used one for a couple of years. Well worth the money.

Agreed! Have a Shoei with a pin lock as well and will never go back. Only issue I have had is my pin lock insert is polarized a bit or at least reacts oddly with polarized sunglasses. Used in combination it makes a weird color shift that is off putting.

Tinted visor solved that issue :)

LifeLongRider
01-27-2020, 07:42 AM
I have pinlocks on both of my Nolan modular helmets. Fantastic for preventing fogging. I've ridden in frigid temps to rainy damp weather and the shield just refuses to fog on the inside. Vision stays clear regardless of conditions. A highly recommended accessory for those who haven't used one. Only caveat, the shield on your particular brand of helmet must be manufactured to accept the pinlock shield, usually only found on higher end helmets. Not something you can add on.

ARtraveler
01-27-2020, 09:39 AM
I have them with all my Nolans. Guess I will have to give them a try.