PDA

View Full Version : RedRock Spyder Ryde-In

Desertman
01-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone. We are getting ready for the 2nd. Annual Redrock Spyder Ryde-In. It will be held the 24th - 27th. of September in St. George Utah. Our website is " utahspyderrydein.weebly.com". Check it out and make your plans now.. Can't Wait!!!

cptjam
01-25-2020, 02:31 PM
Squared Away will be there! Can’t wait! This is a great Ryde in, and run superbly. Just the nicest folks around! Come on out!

pegasus1300
01-25-2020, 11:00 PM
Just signed up. You coming up Jack?

campermac
01-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Is there any place out there to rent a spyder for the event? I would love to come out there for the event but really do not want to have my bike shipped from PA or ride it all the way out there.

Let me know

CentralCoastCA
01-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Hubby and I will be there.

pegasus1300
01-26-2020, 12:15 AM
Is there any place out there to rent a spyder for the event? I would love to come out there for the event but really do not want to have my bike shipped from PA or ride it all the way out there.

Let me know

You could put it in a trailer and haul it out yourself. Or Try Moto Zoo in St George. They are really good people. https://www.motozoo.com

Revalden
01-26-2020, 01:40 AM
Is this run in Moab? Will Lion's Back be on the schedule? I did it back in 1990 in my '73 CJ5.

pegasus1300
01-28-2020, 11:56 AM
No this is in St George, the West corner of Utah. Moab is in the East corner. Lion's Back is a 4wheel drive road I think.

ARtraveler
01-28-2020, 12:04 PM
No this is in St George, the West corner of Utah. Moab is in the East corner. Lion's Back is a 4wheel drive road I think.

The Lions back has shown up in "worlds dumbest." They showed pictures of a Bronco* taking a header off that and going for a ride over the cliff. No one got killed...but it was close.

*Changed from Jeep to Bronco. A Chevy Blazer is also mentioned below. Thanks for the additional info below. :bowdown:

pegasus1300
01-28-2020, 01:42 PM
I have been there years ago and watched a Bronco that couldn't make it to the top try to back down lose his brakes and flip. Again seat belts and roll bars saved everyone from harm but boy were they shook up and what a mess to clean up.

campermac
01-28-2020, 09:11 PM
Me and the wife have been looking to move out to St. George, and have been there a few times looking at houses Any suggestions on where and what to look out for?

Revalden
01-28-2020, 11:53 PM
The Lions back has shown up in "worlds dumbest." They showed pictures of a Jeep taking a header off that and going for a ride over the cliff. No one got killed...but it was close.

That was a Chevy Blazer a woman was driving and she lost the brakes with automatic transmission(no compression braking) coming down(It's VERY STEEP, only my seat belt kept me from sliding down off the seat and I was in granny low 1st gear), she was VERY lucky to land in a big/deep sand pile. However, southeast or southwest, that part of Utah is beautiful. Sorry about interrupting this thread,

pegasus1300
01-29-2020, 01:38 AM
Me and the wife have been looking to move out to St. George, and have been there a few times looking at houses Any suggestions on where and what to look out for?

Check out the city of Washington. It is just up the road but not quite so built up as St. George. Moto Zoo is your Spyder dealer there and they are very good. Also Spyder Rider of America St. George chapter is very welcoming and active.

jaherbst
01-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Just signed up. You coming up Jack?

Yep, wouldn't miss it. Always a fun place with great people! Is there a registration form or just a email to the below email addresses? Also it does not say which hotel. I would assume it will be the Hilton Garden again.

Jack

HayRog
01-29-2020, 11:45 AM

We have good friends who live in Dammeron Valley just north of St George, they love it.

PW2013STL
01-29-2020, 01:35 PM
Kathy and I are registered.

ARtraveler
01-29-2020, 02:29 PM
Linda and I are considering coming to the event.

PW2013STL
01-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Linda and I are considering coming to the event.

Please do! You both will have a grand time, and the rides are fantastic!!

ARtraveler
01-29-2020, 04:09 PM
Please do! You both will have a grand time, and the rides are fantastic!!

We have visited the area when we went to Vegas. Always done in a cage though. Doing it by Spyder will be a new adventure. Also considering hitting the Deadwood Rally. I have done the SD sites by Yamaha Venture, and cage, but no Spyders yet.

jaherbst
01-29-2020, 05:47 PM
When going to the 2020 site and clicking on the emails no registration form showed up, only an email reply. Am I missing something?

Jack

campermac
01-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Any where in Utah that doesn't get snow works for me. We pondered Nevada but Utah seems to be a lot nicer weather from what I researched.

UtahPete
01-29-2020, 08:19 PM
Any where in Utah that doesn't get snow works for me. We pondered Nevada but Utah seems to be a lot nicer weather from what I researched.

St. George gets snow and lots of cold overcast days in winter. That's why we moved to Yuma, AZ for our winter home.

Desertman
05-28-2020, 11:49 AM
We now have thevenue for our ryde-in, Please go to "utahspyderrydein.weebly.com" to register early to get our special ryde-in rates. Hope to see you all there. We will be adding evrnt and ryde page soon. We have a lot of great things planned. Ryde safe..

Desertman
05-28-2020, 11:54 AM
This is in St. George, Ut. We will be doing a lot of great rydes but not familiar with lion's back.

Highwayman2013
05-28-2020, 12:45 PM
It's in Moab.

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-28-2020, 06:43 PM
We now have thevenue for our ryde-in, Please go to "utahspyderrydein.weebly.com" to register early to get our special ryde-in rates. Hope to see you all there. We will be adding evrnt and ryde page soon. We have a lot of great things planned. Ryde safe..
I'd like to suggest you make some changes to the colors used on the web page. The white type is hard to read against a gray background. Thanks.