PDA

View Full Version : Morning Ride to Tortilla Flat

wilpir
01-20-2020, 10:59 AM
Gonna take a morning ride to Tortilla Flat on Sunday 1-26-20 either for Breakfast or lunch from Fountain Hills up 87 thru Bush Hwy to 202 ,Brown to Apache Trail....Hope the weather stays nice! finally got Sunday off since we moved here gonna try and ride every Sunday from here out! :clap:

ARtraveler
01-20-2020, 11:34 AM
If you take some pictures, please post them. :yes:

wilpir
01-20-2020, 09:45 PM
Sure ! Done this route before awesome twisties thru the mountains and 3 lakes Saguaro.Apache, and Canyon..and of coarse Tortilla Flat population 6....

Spyder Insyder
01-20-2020, 10:21 PM
Rode that route many times over the years on two wheels, but I don't think I've ever done it on the Spyder. Enjoy!!

wilpir
01-20-2020, 11:30 PM
Just not going past Tortilla Flat as Apache Trail turns into a gravel road on its way to Roosevelt Lake..Gravel no good for Spyder :lecturef_smilie:

RapidSpyder
01-21-2020, 12:13 AM
Always though that would be a nice ride when we went to visit our son when he was going to ASU.

canamjhb
01-21-2020, 12:38 AM
I live about 25 miles from Tortilla Flat. Your route will take you within about 3 miles of my home The road is closed beyond Tortilla due to the wildfires last spring. There were some landslides caused by lots of rain after the fire. Last I heard it was still closed but you can still get to Tortilla. The road surface was redone last year and is now very good. It's a great little ride on either 2 or 3 wheels. Enjoy..... Jim

wilpir
01-21-2020, 09:56 AM
I live about 25 miles from Tortilla Flat. Your route will take you within about 3 miles of my home The road is closed beyond Tortilla due to the wildfires last spring. There were some landslides caused by lots of rain after the fire. Last I heard it was still closed but you can still get to Tortilla. The road surface was redone last year and is now very good. It's a great little ride on either 2 or 3 wheels. Enjoy..... Jim

Yes! I remember the last time I rode it with a rental car all the way to the dam..I called there just in case..Thanx for info!

wilpir
01-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Beautiful day for riding ! Road just paved to Tortilla Flat ..Had a good chili cheese burger on the patio at the restaurant up there and saw 4 spyders..will post pics soon.....

PW2013STL
01-26-2020, 07:25 PM
You picked a great day for it. Did that ride twice this year, and it's been great. If you have the time ride to the salt lake cayion some time. It's like a mini grand canyon. The turn off is just past Globe, and it's before Slow Low.

canamjhb
01-27-2020, 12:21 AM
Today was a great day to ride in Arizona. Went from Mesa through Superior, Winkleman and to San Manuel for Mexican lunch (BURP). Than to Globe, (Ice Cream, BLOAT ), Superior and back to Mesa. A bit more than 200 miles. We had 2 Spyders, a couple of HDs, 2 GWs, and A few GW trikes. I like Tortilla Flat a lot but it is too close for a day ride. But there are times when it fits the agenda..... Jim