PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead...Thank You SpyderLovers

Lamonster
01-07-2020, 01:40 PM
I know I've been MIA here and there are a lot of new members that may not know me or how this board was started.

I just wanted to take some time to thank you all for your support for this forum. This board was created 08-07-2007 back when the only Spyder was a GS SM5. That was my first Spyder and that's what fueled my passion for the Spyder. We have come a long way since then. In 2009 I was asked by BRP to be an ambassador for a new product that was coming out. The new Spyder was the RT. I had a pre-production unit that was serial #0001 It had some issues and I was able to work closely with BRP working those problems out. I also had some design input on the current F3 and was given one to customize at Lamonster Garage to show at Daytona Bikeweek. It has been a crazy ride and would be a great short story for a book.

Sept. 2018 during our Spyders in the Ozarks rally I found out I had liver cancer. My health went down hill quickly and I almost died twice. At that time I pretty much cutoff all social media including this site from my daily activities. When you think you're going to die none of this stuff seems to matter. I'm currently cancer free but still need a new liver but I still have a lot of life left in me.
Without asking Anthony and some of the members jumped in and took control of the site. Tony has setup all the sites I use to run including this one and he had admin privileges so he was the right guy to help out. The moderators here have done a fantastic job keeping the peace and to them I would like to give thanks. I know it's a thankless job.:bowdown::firstplace::thumbup:

Lamonster Garage has not skipped a beat through all this and last year was our best year ever. If you haven't been to the store in a while take a look around and chances are you'll see something you didn't know you needed for your Spyder. Thanks again for everything. Looking forward to a great healthy 2020 :doorag:
www.LamonsterGarage.com

blacklightning
01-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Glad to see that you are back on this site. I been keeping up with you through other sources and have been keeping you and Joan in my prayers. Been a long while since we have talked in person, but your shop is definitely on my list of places to stop when I am on my cross country tour. God Bless.

JayBros
01-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Very good to her from you, Lamont. I hope you move to the top of the liver list ASAP. God speed!

tntnj
01-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Glad you are back and feeling fine

ARtraveler
01-07-2020, 02:12 PM
Thanks for posting Lamont. You folks are always in our thoughts and prayers.

I'll be talking with you folks soon. It's time for a farkle trip for my new F3. :yes:

krakum1967
01-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Nice to meet you, and I love the products and services you provide. Good to hear from someone like you, its inspiring.

Cant wait to do more business with you, and hope to see you around more.

Arcamguy
01-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Wishing you only the best and a new liver soon!

d.o.spyder-rts
01-07-2020, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the update and welcome back to posting. As it's all ready said above, wishing you only the best with your health. Dale

glennm
01-07-2020, 02:58 PM
Nice to have you back. Even as a newbie I have missed your presence but have been watching your videos and browsing Lamonster Garage. All the very best and a happy, healthy 2020 and beyond.

Peteoz
01-07-2020, 03:25 PM
Have you been gone?

Seriously though, great to see you making such good recovery inroads, Lamont. :ohyea:

Pete

bikerbillone
01-07-2020, 04:13 PM
Great intro after a tough road to travel really great to see you back. I can can relate to the dreaded Big C, lost my wife to awful thing. Hope you get that liver and stay with us for a very long time.
Bill

Cruzr Joe
01-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Nice to see you up and smiling.

Cruzr Joe

BajaRon
01-07-2020, 04:15 PM
I know it's been a tough ride Lamont. I am glad that you're pulling through. Living on the edge is OK. But maybe a step or two back wouldn't hurt.

JKMSPYDER
01-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Lamont it is great to hear from you. Glad you are doing well and, hopefully, a new healthy liver is in your future. I have ordered from Lamonster Garage many times and always appreciate the great products and fast customer service.

pegasus1300
01-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Now that was an awesome post. Thank you Lamonster for the update. So happy to hear that you are cancer free, now to get that Liver replaced, and I hope that happens soon. Welcome back to your domain.

UtahPete
01-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Now that was an awesome post. Thank you Lamonster for the update. So happy to hear that you are cancer free, now to get that Liver replaced, and I hope that happens soon. Welcome back to your domain.

:agree:

RICZ
01-07-2020, 05:19 PM
From a 4X thymic cancer survivor....Hang in there, be strong, stay positive. I'm behind ya pushing ya toward good health.

Lew L
01-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Glad you're feeling better. Thank YOU!! This site is a great service that so many of us ( myself included ) have taken for granted. I've taken my good health for granted also and your post certainly gave me pause. Too many of us have had a brush with the Big C.

Personally, I think you are a better ambassador than 99% of the Spyder dealers. Be well.

Lew L

TexAmRider
01-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Welcome Back Lamont. Glad you are doing much better and prayers for a complete recovery. It was really good to meet you in 2017 at the shop, and have some installs completed while I was there. Great place you have, but you are correct. Life is much more important. Continued thoughts and Prayers !!

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-07-2020, 06:22 PM
With God's help it is absolutely amazing what the medical world has been able to accomplish the past few years in cancer treatment. I share your joy at where you are at today. My brother is cancer free of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma that 15 years ago was a guaranteed death sentence.

Navydad
01-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Wishing you the best. Been a fan since the Valkyrie days.

Revalden
01-07-2020, 08:44 PM
Welcome back Lamont. We're glad that you've beaten the scourge cancer. Recovery will probably be tough but considering how you've handled your life I'm sure you can get through it. Prayers out to you and your family.

billy514
01-07-2020, 09:46 PM
It's great to have you back and hopefully for many years to come. I enjoy looking and of course purchasing the products you offer on your website. Can't wait for the mirror relocation kit for the f3t. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Big Arm
01-07-2020, 11:02 PM
Glad your back on the road to recovery, Lamont. You and Joan have been in our prayers . So here's hoping for the best for you.
Larry

Tango
01-07-2020, 11:42 PM
What a great post to read. And from the BOSS himself. Glad things are on the up and up for you. God Bless! And hopefully your prayers will be answered soon. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

cptjam
01-08-2020, 02:35 AM
Glad you are up and around! Hang in there!

Saluda
01-08-2020, 04:30 AM
Wishing you the best.

PMK
01-08-2020, 06:51 AM
Never fun to contend with life threatening issues.

Glad to read you are doing well, and hope for a complete “recovery” as parts become available.

Wanted to share, huge kudos to Anthony not only while you were absent, but for having the desire to sort out any issues with the website and truly elevate so much of it. His passion shows in the improvements he made, plus a very fair and reasonable moderator when needed.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-08-2020, 07:51 AM
welcome back

MonPaul
01-08-2020, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the update Lamont, I have been a fan since the Valkyrie days! Do you still have your old Valk - I wish I would have kept mine.

Luvs2Ride
01-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Great to hear from you... hoping for continued health this year! Thanks for all you have done for SpyderLover's... (it's still the 1st thing I read every morning). And thanks also to the moderators who took over while you were recuperating! Our prayers continuing to come your way for you and your family!
: )
Gina J

DGoebel
01-08-2020, 10:38 AM
Lamont (and Joan and family), Having never been through it myself, I can not imagine what you've gone through. We're thankful you are coming through it and continued prayers out to you and your family. And Kudos to your medical team.

tofriendscreek
01-08-2020, 11:07 AM
I’ve been blessed to have known you for years. I witnessed parts of your struggles. I’ve had the pleasure of talking with you at times during the recovery. I and the whole Spyder community admire your strength and determination and are elated to find you back on the forum. Thought and prayers will continue to be with you.

Motorcycledave
01-08-2020, 12:24 PM
Glad you are doing so well Lamont, Keep it up and keep us informed
I am sure your wife has much to do with, and credit for your recovery...
she has been your rock..
Be Safe and Ride Safe
Dave Stephens
MotorcycleDave

sandeejs
01-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Thank you, Lamont, for all you have done. Feel better ASAP. Take care.
~Sandee~

Deanna777
01-08-2020, 02:10 PM
Lamont,
Welcome back and thank you for starting this spyder site. I have been following your life battles( Liver cancer) hope you get your liver transplant soon.

I'll visit your Lamonster Garage website, soon, and I have bought several things for you website in the past.

You and Joan stay strong for each other. Thanks for the administers for stepping in while you going thru your life battle.

I spoke to you briefly at Spyder Quest in Lake George, New York in 2012, 2013, and spoke to you at Spyder Fest in 2014. I also briefly rode with you /and your wife when you were riding with the Road Warriors Foundation (From Valcourt, Canada to Florida in 2013) I rode with the group from Mount Washington, New Hampshire to ????.

I have learned a lot about spyders, and have met some great/awesome spyder owners/friends , and been to 2 spyder events because of this site. This site/and my spyder/ has opened up many avenues for me. I even meant my significant other at a Spyder event.

Deanna

LeftCoast
01-08-2020, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the post Lamont, hope to meet you for a ride someday and glad to hear your health has improved while you wait for a spare:bowdown:

Jaxfann
01-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Lamont - I am new here and of course we have not met. However, like you, my wife is a cancer survivor and I know the battle she fought. Congratulations on winning your personal battle and being cancer free and I am hoping that a good new liver is available for you very soon!

Joe T.
01-08-2020, 05:49 PM
I don't know what to say. I, like everyone else on this board, am very thankful to have you back.

May 2020 and beyond be full of life, fun and pleasure for you and your family.

Regards,
Joe T.

Big F
01-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Lamont: welcome back to the real world. Your news is awesome and we all wish for continued improvement for you... we plan on coming to the Spyders in the Ozarks this year and hope to say hello..
BIG F (cofounder of NISR - NEBRASKA IOWA SPYDER RYDERS)

Purple Guy
01-08-2020, 07:33 PM
So Great to hear from you Lamont!
Thankful your health is heading in the right direction!
Here's wishing a new liver is in your near future!
All the best to You & Joan in 2020!

BigBlock
01-09-2020, 12:13 AM
Great to here your back! Take care.

grumpyoldretiredcop
01-09-2020, 12:54 AM
Lamont, that's good news and I'm glad to hear it. Probably the best news since my wife was rated cancer-free after surgery last month!

MakoShark2
01-09-2020, 03:09 AM
Great news, nice to know you are recovering well.

And if business is good maybe 2020 is right the time to expand overseas :)
We really need a proper Lamont's Garage European distributor, not that easy to get your great products here.
Shipping and import taxes kind of kills the deal for us...

Then again, that's just a wish of mine... Important thing is you do well, that's where you should focus.

troop
01-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Great news Lamont ! Nothing but best wishes to you !!

ThreeWheels
01-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Saw your video on the Ryker floor boards.
You look good.
It's gratifying to see you doing so well.

BearBait
01-09-2020, 09:21 AM
Welcome back, man! As a newbie to these devices I have found both the site and Lamonster Garage to be indispensable resources. Be well!

wmh9680
01-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Welcome back!!! Health and Family are always the top priority for everyone. Continue to get better and enjoy life. I'm sure you know how important it is with what you have been thru, Mike

wyliec
01-09-2020, 10:54 PM
Glad to hear from you again. You were missed. If you were ever to speak to my daughter, she'd tell you a live liver donor is the way to go. She put up with too much B.S. the other way, before getting part of her sister's liver. I hope it works out whichever way you go, and many more postings from you in 2020.

MRH
01-10-2020, 08:11 PM
So glad to have you back and to hear that you are on the upswing. It says a lot about you that the community you created is still going strong despite your absence.

Cleg
01-10-2020, 08:49 PM
I’ve kept informed on your status through other social media and know how much of an uphill battle this has been for you. You have a wealth knowledge and a way to share it so most if not all of us can understand. Really glad you are moving forward...best of luck and prayers to you, the family and staff! Maybe we will see you again at the Spyderquest even5 this year!!

JIM W
01-11-2020, 07:31 AM
Welcome back Lamont we truly missed you

Mr. White
01-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the update Lamont and good luck.

AY4B
01-11-2020, 11:29 AM
Great news to see you back and cancer free! You are special to all of us and may God keep youwith us as long as it is in his perfect will. I look forward to all the future contributions you will come up with for the new RT. There is nothing like a Lamonsterized Spyder!

Montery
01-11-2020, 02:57 PM
Welcome back good friend, our prayers have been with you, looks like big guy heard our prayers for you. Please keep us informed on how things go.

Darren111
01-13-2020, 04:20 AM
Great to here from you Lamont and glad you are well. As you know I am one of the admins on UKSPYDER WEB, I will mention I have heard from you on our FB page. Sending prayers to you and Joan from the UK.

Lamonster
01-13-2020, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the kind comments. I know I'm not the only one going to trials of life but together we can pull through it. Being able to get in the wind helps. My transplant nurse told me I couldn't ride. I said okay, what else. Like that's going to happen. :roflblack:

doncanfix2
01-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Just another ryder here Lamont, one of those new members you spoke of who just luvs his new wheels! Read about your health issues here on the forum and immediately thought, oh no, hope he's going to be okay, dread the thought he can't ryde anymore! I've been away myself from riding due to lower back issues, wasn't thinking I'd ever feel the wind in my face again, then found the RT. Glad to hear you are doing better, let's all hope you find a viable replacement organ.