PDA

View Full Version : radio for F3S

THE Q
01-06-2020, 03:42 PM
is there a radio for the F3S if so what kind

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-06-2020, 11:46 PM

Are you considering adding one to your F-3 ???... BRP made them for the T & Ltd. …. what year is yours, it makes a difference..... There a couple of after-market ones available, I am familiar with the SHARK brand, the others I have read about on this forum ….. Mike :ohyea:

troop
01-07-2020, 07:02 AM
A couple examples are:
https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/6155/kuryakyn-road-thunder-sound-bar-plus-by-mtx
https://www.ssvworks.com/product/Can-Am-Spyder-F3-2-Speaker-Audio-Kit

The Kuryakyn (MTX) brand will be the least effective, but will work with a windshield. The SSV unit will be the most effective, but won't work with a windshield. On the F3(S), I'm high skeptical of both. The MTX won't have enough speaker output/amperage to be effective above 40'sh mph. The SSV/Kuryakyn likely uses highly efficient 2 ohm amp/speakers to get loud sound. Again, above 55sh mph, most "music" will be drowned out by ambient road noise. I have a H-D batwing fairing with a 180wpc/4 ohm amp and (four) frontal speakers. At 65+ mph, you have to crank the volume to hear the tunes. At 75-80 mph (interstate speeds), you really struggle to hear tunes. A 3/4 helmet actually helps as it drowns out a bit of noise. Cracking a shield open on a FF helmet will also help. Others will chime in how loud/clear their set up is. Personally, I doubt it.....

Spyderman2018
01-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Why not just get a Bluetooth speaker & lay it in the dash tray & feed music through your cellphone?? Cheapest way out.....

juscuz
01-07-2020, 11:02 AM

They're out there, question is "How much you want to spend" firstly and if you want to hear it on the highway or just in your helmet. SSV Works is an option. Has Bluetooth capability, easy install, but you pay for what you want I always say.

troop
01-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Yup, as stated above, I wear both a 3/4 and full face helmets when on the spyder. Those helmets have Sena mounts on them, and I Bluetooth audio to them via my Apple Nano. Decently defective.

Jdr00ejr
01-07-2020, 02:37 PM
I have a nice tall shield on my F3S but laid back quite a bit. I'm wearing a Shark Modular Helmet - in both 3/4 and full face formats depending on weather/temps/etc. I installed a 4 speaker Boss System capable of 1000w but I'm only running 2 speakers so about 500w. I didn't like the look of all 4 speakers on the bike. In town - I'm thumping. Up to 55-60mph it's adequate. Above 60mph it's use your imagination and fill in the blanks of what you aren't hearing. ;-). Are there better systems, sure. But this one met my budget, sound expectations, and look.

I also use Sena 20S headsets. I don't like the music playing directly in my ears - not sure why, just not what I'm use to or like. If I'm going to do prolonged highway speed I push the audio to the Send anyway.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-08-2020, 12:14 AM
I have a nice tall shield on my F3S but laid back quite a bit. I'm wearing a Shark Modular Helmet - in both 3/4 and full face formats depending on weather/temps/etc. I installed a 4 speaker Boss System capable of 1000w but I'm only running 2 speakers so about 500w. I didn't like the look of all 4 speakers on the bike. In town - I'm thumping. Up to 55-60mph it's adequate. Above 60mph it's use your imagination and fill in the blanks of what you aren't hearing. ;-). Are there better systems, sure. But this one met my budget, sound expectations, and look.

I also use Sena 20S headsets. I don't like the music playing directly in my ears - not sure why, just not what I'm use to or like. If I'm going to do prolonged highway speed I push the audio to the Send anyway.

I had two shark systems for two different Spyders …. I changed the speakers to some 2 ohm JBL models,( @ $ 30.00 ea ) and it improved the sound quality and volume considerably ….. Mike :ohyea:

Arcamguy
01-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Newbie here, just bought a 2019 F3 base model and attempted to install the SSV Works system. I got it to work and it sounded fantastic so long as you are parked with the engine off. Once you start moving and get more wind and motor noise the sound lessens greatly. At speeds of over 50 mph all you can hear is garbled noise. Wearing a full faced helmet didn't help my situation any. I was severely disappointed since I had just spend over 700.00 for the system.
I returned the system due to it not fitting properly on a 2019 and opted for the Cardo Packtalk Bold system for my helmet. IT cost half of the SSV and i'm completely satisfied with this new set up.
Hope this helps.