PDA

View Full Version : brakes

flea
01-01-2020, 08:50 PM
have a 2008 spyder gs , had the brake failure light come on , has not gone into limp mode , checked brake fluid , of the 2 m/cyds under the seat the rear most one has fluid up to the cap and would be overflowing if not for the cap , no fluid had been added , the other m/cyd is at its normal level , the brake pedal now has a lot movement/play where before it was normal , as said has not gone into limp mode and the brakes are working , its the brake failure light thats come on ..not the abs light .. was told by a mechanic mate who doesnt know spyders can be a common prob in cars with a tandam m/cyd set up also possible abs prob due to a stuffed by pass valve... any help would be great as no canam/spyder work shops near by

BajaRon
01-02-2020, 12:21 AM
How long has it been since the brake fluid was flushed and changed out? Fluid goes bad and can give this same issue. There are other possibilities, of course. Like a master or slave cylinder passing fluid. But if your fluid is old. I'd try that first.

Wildman721a
01-02-2020, 07:06 AM
Mine has done this few times and I replaced back brake pads and then reset the computer

ARtraveler
01-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Sometimes, as little as a quarter teaspoon of brake fluid will fix the situation. Untill I got it figured out, early spring rides down Hatchers Pass would give me the brake light failure signal. The fix was to top off the brake fluid.

Try this first. :yes: