PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day Ride every year for over 50 years

Motorcycledave
01-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Hi Friends....... HAPPY NEW YEAR
Well today I had to modify my New Years Day Ride some as I am still in a
walking cast and have been for 7 months.... DAMN, but I can drive my car and truck.
For the last 50 years I have taken a ride with my club members ( Port Stockton Motorcycle Club)
or the Oakland Motorcycle Club on this day every year, Rain or shine ( NO SNOW HERE )
Today was some what different, I went out and threw my leg over my lawn mower and mowed the lawn...
not quite the same but I did ride a motorized machine .

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Where there's a will ....!!!! :2thumbs:

pegasus1300
01-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Dave I am proud of you. A ride is a ride. My lawn is under a foot of snow. I could no more get the Spyder out then fly to the Moon. Too much snow on the ground for it to even move. I hope your foot finishes healing soon. What do they tell you?

Happy New Year.

Navydad
01-01-2020, 08:49 PM
A ride is a ride. Mowers are asleep here in Ohio, but it did get up to 40 degrees so a ride was called for. I ride January first every year. If it's too slick for a road trip I get out the dual sport. Not many takers, but my granddaughter is ALWAYS ready to ride. We did about 50 miles on rural roads and I was starting to feel the chill. Petiah said she wasn’t cold, but I figure she wasn’t going to admit anything until extremities started falling off :roflblack:

177966 177967

Motorcycledave
01-01-2020, 10:33 PM
Hi Paul
Well I go into the doctors on Jan. the 8th. I will know more then. Julie and I are flying to Tahiti on the 21st cast or no cast
and return on the 5th. of Feb.

Dave I am proud of you. A ride is a ride. My lawn is under a foot of snow. I could no more get the Spyder out then fly to the Moon. Too much snow on the ground for it to even move. I hope your foot finishes healing soon. What do they tell you?

Happy New Year.

ARtraveler
01-02-2020, 11:32 AM
Yes! That is a good tradition. And, a ride is a ride. My lawn mower is parked in the garage, but awaiting the first green grass to be fired up. There is no snow, just the beautiful brown/green/orange fields. I rode yesterday, and hoping it will become a new tradition for me also. :yes:

wiggy1
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Nice! Ride on and Happy New Year

Deanna777
01-02-2020, 03:20 PM
I did not ride my spyder, it is in hibernation!

My lawn mower is in the shed, waiting for spring, but we have snow on the ground, so yesterday we went on our new sleds.

Deanna

Fat Baxter
01-05-2020, 08:59 AM
I also have a tradition of riding on New Year's Day, road conditions permitting. I think it was last year we actually had snow on the ground down here in Alabama.

This year the weather cooperated -- mid-50s and mostly sunny. And pleasantly enough, the front end behaved itself for the one-hour spin.

Mikey
01-05-2020, 09:05 AM
A ride is a ride. Mowers are asleep here in Ohio, but it did get up to 40 degrees so a ride was called for. I ride January first every year. If it's too slick for a road trip I get out the dual sport. Not many takers, but my granddaughter is ALWAYS ready to ride. We did about 50 miles on rural roads and I was starting to feel the chill. Petiah said she wasn’t cold, but I figure she wasn’t going to admit anything until extremities started falling off :roflblack:

177966 177967

What happen to Grammy, wasn't feeling it??:yikes:

SCWSpyder
01-05-2020, 11:36 AM
When I had my boxer cup replica used to ride the annual Canyon Lake road every New Years morning. But dang, after summers of 118+ that mid to high 30s about ruined me. And all the over-hormoned squids, etc. Since my recent move to other side of town...well long way around the bush to say I’m really anxious to get my Spyder and get back to riding on New Years again. And hope your foot heals soon!

Navydad
01-05-2020, 11:57 AM
What happen to Grammy, wasn't feeling it??:yikes:

She tolerates the wet and/or cold if we are on a trip, but she wasn't interested in gearing up for a 50 mile run on just for New Years. The grand kids on the other hand are always ready for a ride. :yes:

Spyder Insyder
01-05-2020, 08:37 PM
Hey Dave, I feel your pain. Back (50+) years ago when I was in high school, I broke my leg on a motorcycle. Even though the break was in the tibia between the ankle and the knee, I was put in a full plaster cast up to my hip for almost 6 months. I was on crutches and could not even drive my old GMC pickup with a 4 speed manual transmission. The high school I went to was old and some of my classes were up 4 flights of stairs. The happiest day of my young life was when they cut that cast off.

Hope your back on your feet soon.

Motorcycledave
01-07-2020, 01:15 PM
I wish I could blame braking my foot on motorcycle riding and falling off, or Gang fight, or Alligator Wrestling, Chasing Women, Foot Ball
you know something good.... but NO all I did was fall down in my garage.... damn.

Hey Dave, I feel your pain. Back (50+) years ago when I was in high school, I broke my leg on a motorcycle. Even though the break was in the tibia between the ankle and the knee, I was put in a full plaster cast up to my hip for almost 6 months. I was on crutches and could not even drive my old GMC pickup with a 4 speed manual transmission. The high school I went to was old and some of my classes were up 4 flights of stairs. The happiest day of my young life was when they cut that cast off.

Hope your back on your feet soon.