PDA

View Full Version : Akropovic mufflers?

Revalden
12-31-2019, 07:48 PM
Are the ones from China the same as the ones for sale in America? If not what are differences?

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Are the ones from China the same as the ones for sale in America? If not what are differences?

I can't help with that …. However an Akropovic muffler = noise , but nothing else. ….. there are many less expensive ways to change the sound of a Spyder ….. for 1/2 the cost of that muffler, you can get your ECU re-written ( by Monster or Wicket ) and gain approx. 25 HP …. Mike :ohyea:

RLS Exhaust
01-01-2020, 01:40 AM
The one From China is a counterfeit it has very poor quality control and rivets will have issues it is nowhere close to the real thing

Revalden
01-01-2020, 07:41 PM
The one From China is a counterfeit it has very poor quality control and rivets will have issues it is nowhere close to the real thing

When you send your Cat Delete Muffler send a real Akropovic that you have laying around the shop, ok? :2excited:

308gunner
01-02-2020, 10:01 PM
I can't help with that …. However an Akropovic muffler = noise , but nothing else. ….. there are many less expensive ways to change the sound of a Spyder ….. for 1/2 the cost of that muffler, you can get your ECU re-written ( by Monster or Wicket ) and gain approx. 25 HP …. Mike :ohyea:

Thank You!!!...Excellent Advice!!!

Revalden
01-03-2020, 12:32 AM

I just bought the Cat Delete Muffler from RLS (my birthday present from "Management") and should be here soon. I also bought one of the China Akropovic copies that I planned to stick on the RLS. I'll put it on and see how it sounds and also see how the my stock one sounds. I'm hoping to get the ECU flashed before Spring and wanted a exhaust on it and ready for the ECU flash. Wish me luck.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-03-2020, 07:52 AM
I expect the ones from china would rust quicker & the lead paint will peel

troop
01-03-2020, 09:53 AM
What are you using for a link pipe between the cat delete/cat and the Akra knock off ?

Revalden
01-03-2020, 10:46 PM
What are you using for a link pipe between the cat delete/cat and the Akra knock off ?

Don't know yet, haven't crossed that bridge. Maybe a aluminum Coke can.

Revalden
01-03-2020, 11:02 PM
I expect the ones from china would rust quicker & the lead paint will peel

Well, I won't be licking the lead off, but it might be too late for me to be worrying about lead poisoning after all the leaded fuel vapors from "The Olden Days". I loved the smell of gasoline back then. Between the lead and Mount St. Hellen ash I breathed in Portland, Or. during the and after the eruption and smoking for 40 years I should be carrying around a oxygen bottle. The one I plan to use is supposed to be Stainless Steel.

SCWSpyder
01-05-2020, 11:47 AM
The main complaint with the Chinese Akro is an hour later you can’t remember what it sounded like.

308gunner
01-05-2020, 12:31 PM
When you get the Chinese knock off .please take a pictures of it...and show us. I've never seen a knock off Chinese akrapovic before.

Motorcycledave
01-05-2020, 02:05 PM
VAPERS>>>> Hell I guess I should have been dead years ago, I must have sucked a hundred gallons of gas out of various gas tanks with a garden hose
and you can bet I drank some of it....
AH the good old days :yikes:
Dave

Well, I won't be licking the lead off, but it might be too late for me to be worrying about lead poisoning after all the leaded fuel vapors from "The Olden Days". I loved the smell of gasoline back then. Between the lead and Mount St. Hellen ash I breathed in Portland, Or. during the and after the eruption and smoking for 40 years I should be carrying around a oxygen bottle. The one I plan to use is supposed to be Stainless Steel.

Revalden
01-05-2020, 06:46 PM
When you get the Chinese knock off .please take a pictures of it...and show us. I've never seen a knock off Chinese akrapovic before.

I already have the Akropovic knock-off, one Stainless Steel and one with Carbon-Fiber looking covering. Ordered one in October, hadn't received it by Dec. 1st, complained, they issued a refund, so I went to another vendor and bought the other one. Well, two weeks later one comes, the next day the other comes. When I receive the RLS Cat Delete Muffler I'll take photos of the whole shootin' match and try to get them uploaded here.

Revalden
01-06-2020, 06:26 PM
The RLS Cat Delete Muffler came today. My son-in-law got under there and put it up. We couldn't get the stock muffler off to try the new China Akropovic one. But it does sound better but not loud at all, low rumble. I might hafta take the Tupperware off to get into the muffler bolt and I need to get an elbow to go from Akpro to the RLS unit. I was quite surprised at how small the new RLS muffler is and how quiet it is. but it doesn't sound like a sewing machine now. Spydie likes it. Seems to rev out quicker.

308gunner
01-06-2020, 11:05 PM
The RLS Cat Delete Muffler came today. My son-in-law got under there and put it up. We couldn't get the stock muffler off to try the new China Akropovic one. But it does sound better but not loud at all, low rumble. I might hafta take the Tupperware off to get into the muffler bolt and I need to get an elbow to go from Akpro to the RLS unit. I was quite surprised at how small the new RLS muffler is and how quiet it is. but it doesn't sound like a sewing machine now. Spydie likes it. Seems to rev out quicker.

The RLS resonator is great. Whats nice is your spyder is going to sound/run even better..after you get the tune... it's not over yet...believe it...just wait.

Revalden
01-22-2020, 01:10 AM
My stepson Andy and I got my China Akrapovic installed on my RT-S today. It sounds great. And it looks great also. I'll be able to hear when I'm over revving but I won't be able to sneak up on anyone like before. Time will tell if Management will like/tolerate the increased sound or not. If not, she'll just hafta buy her own.

spyderbear
01-22-2020, 06:10 AM
can you post the site you got the China Akrapovic from . and a pix and sound clip .

troop
01-22-2020, 06:44 AM
What did you use for the link pipe ?

Revalden
01-22-2020, 04:04 PM
can you post the site you got the China Akrapovic from . and a pix and sound clip .

I recently saw them for sale at Amazon for the same price. As to posting a pic/sound byte that is below my 10% threshold, as you can see by my avatar pic. I've tried several times according the newest post on the subject to no avail. I've been on a few other forums and posted lotsa pics but this one sucks in that respect.

Revalden
01-24-2020, 04:33 PM
What did you use for the link pipe ?

I sent the Akro to Ricky at RLS and he built it for me and sent it back for $125.00. It's beautiful, but it's too bad that it won't stat that way.

Revalden
01-24-2020, 04:46 PM
I was thinking of going for a ride tomorrow with my S.C.R.C group, so I went out to shop to get Spydie ready, air up tires and installed a new battery. I let her warm up for 10 minutes and rode down the street to hear how she sounds and I love it! Not really loud so I don't think Management will object. DPS wasn't grumbling with 17 psi and new battery. Spydie seems to wind out a whole lot quicker so I'm gonna wait until after a real ryde to see if I want/need the ECU flashed. Is there any way to see if the ECU has already been flashed cuz she really hauls ass now. Oh, I've decided that it's still to damn cold to go on the ryde for this old man even though I bought a heated jacket liner. Maybe next month, Feb, I'll but the heated pants liner. I just can't wait until April to take my baby out for some wind therapy.

RLS Exhaust
01-24-2020, 05:37 PM
I only do Special work like this if you are already a customer Revalden bought one of my cat deletes

troop
01-25-2020, 09:45 AM
Well then ... Guess I won't be spending $125 to install a $50 muffler :)

308gunner
01-25-2020, 12:18 PM
I was thinking of going for a ride tomorrow with my S.C.R.C group, so I went out to shop to get Spydie ready, air up tires and installed a new battery. I let her warm up for 10 minutes and rode down the street to hear how she sounds and I love it! Not really loud so I don't think Management will object. DPS wasn't grumbling with 17 psi and new battery. Spydie seems to wind out a whole lot quicker so I'm gonna wait until after a real ryde to see if I want/need the ECU flashed. Is there any way to see if the ECU has already been flashed cuz she really hauls ass now. Oh, I've decided that it's still to damn cold to go on the ryde for this old man even though I bought a heated jacket liner. Maybe next month, Feb, I'll but the heated pants liner. I just can't wait until April to take my baby out for some wind therapy.

Please Flash the ECU...you will love it...that combined with your new exhaust..your bike will come alive...were still waiting for pics of your new exhaust.

wilpir
01-25-2020, 02:37 PM
I installed an Akrapovic muffler with a cat delete on my 2012 RT can /where /how can this be flashed?

RLS Exhaust
01-25-2020, 03:45 PM
Well then ... Guess I won't be spending $125 to install a $50 muffler :)

No sir not saying you can't buy it from me but it will be $$225 for a non previous customer $125 is a deal for a previous customer

RLS Exhaust
01-25-2020, 03:52 PM
call me to coordinate your custom build 469-878-5166

troop
01-25-2020, 04:15 PM
No sir not saying you can't buy it from me but it will be $$225 for a non previous customer $125 is a deal for a previous customer

Might be an option for those who might want to fit various generic mufflers, but just not for a one off...

Revalden
01-25-2020, 08:41 PM
Please Flash the ECU...you will love it...that combined with your new exhaust..your bike will come alive...were still waiting for pics of your new exhaust.

Pics involve the "10% Rule"

Revalden
01-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Might be an option for those who might want to fit various generic mufflers, but just not for a one off...

I love Ricky's RLS setup, I'll be able to very easily slip off this one and try other brands/designs/sounds.:ohyea:

Revalden
01-25-2020, 08:56 PM

Pics involve "The 10% Rule" and I haven't figured out to get them to stay in the correct orientation. Yes, I've read the instructions, I'm just DENSE, I guess.

Revalden
01-25-2020, 09:15 PM

If I do go ahead and flash the ECU will it make my rear tire wear out quickly? Will Spydie do wheelies? :ohyea:

308gunner
01-25-2020, 10:10 PM
You won't get wheelies but you'll get a good kick..you might wear out your rear tire a little quicker....you will get miles of smiles...you are going to love it...

Revalden
01-25-2020, 10:48 PM
You won't get wheelies but you'll get a good kick..you might wear out your rear tire a little quicker....you will get miles of smiles...you are going to love it...

I will probably get it flashed before Spring but I hafta save some money outta my monthly "Mad Money Allowance" to swing it surreptitiously ;).

308gunner
01-26-2020, 01:05 AM
I will probably get it flashed before Spring but I hafta save some money outta my monthly "Mad Money Allowance" to swing it surreptitiously ;).

Excellent.

Revalden
01-26-2020, 03:56 PM
I put on my riding jacket with my new Venture heated liner (first time wearing it) (heats up fast) and took Spydie out for a run to Walmart to really hear/feel my new muffler. It sounds soooo good, revs out very quickly and very nice decell rumble, no backfire. I love it.

SteveMindi
01-26-2020, 07:33 PM
My F3-T came from the dealership with the cat delete and akrapovic already installed....I removed one baffle (couldn’t get the other one out) and I think it sounds great...a low rumble plus the back down burping is great....even my wife likes it but says she doesn’t want it any louder. Now she wants the cat delete on her RT to increase her sound level...already ordered it...have paid for ecu remap at wick-it that we plan to do the end of March on our way to the Spyders on the Bayou event....One question..will that void the warranty?

308gunner
01-26-2020, 07:33 PM
I put on my riding jacket with my new Venture heated liner (first time wearing it) (heats up fast) and took Spydie out for a run to Walmart to really hear/feel my new muffler. It sounds soooo good, revs out very quickly and very nice decell rumble, no backfire. I love it.

It's going to get even better too..just wait.

SteveMindi
01-26-2020, 07:37 PM
OOPs..first post didn’t show so redid it and now deleted second post

RLS Exhaust
01-26-2020, 09:18 PM
here are the photos of the mid pipe i built for his Chinese akropovic exhaust

Revalden
01-27-2020, 04:04 PM

Hey, that's not fair. How do you get the pics to post right side up? But thanks for putting them up and building the end pipe. I hope others here buy your setup. Perhaps include the end pipe with your Cat-Delete Resonator to make it a super easy install. I might try my other Carbon Fiber C-Akropovic without the included baffle in it to hear how it sounds. Should be an easy swap the way you set it up. I hope the Carbon Fiber doesn't melt off, if it really isn't Carbon Fiber. I'll let ya'll know, but don't hold yer breath on that b'cuz I'm still in Winter Lazy Ass Getting Fat Mode. :coffee:

308gunner
01-27-2020, 04:11 PM
My F3-T came from the dealership with the cat delete and akrapovic already installed....I removed one baffle (couldn’t get the other one out) and I think it sounds great...a low rumble plus the back down burping is great....even my wife likes it but says she doesn’t want it any louder. Now she wants the cat delete on her RT to increase her sound level...already ordered it...have paid for ecu remap at wick-it that we plan to do the end of March on our way to the Spyders on the Bayou event....One question..will that void the warranty?

Call them up..for that information

308gunner
01-27-2020, 11:04 PM

I want that pipe setup for an F3-SPORT....Ricky hook me up.