PDA

View Full Version : Night riding glasses

iridenow
12-31-2019, 09:36 AM
There are times when I ride at night without a helmet (not here to debate the idiocy of this). I can wear my sunglasses during the day. What is a good set of glasses/goggle that have good visibility when the sun goes down?

I have been to CycleGear and seen the clear glasses that have the padding around the rim. That just seems weird to me. I assume once you get used to that, they are adequate? Any other brand/model suggested?

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-31-2019, 09:39 AM
Worker's safety glasses?

iridenow
12-31-2019, 10:28 AM
Worker's safety glasses?

Yep. I'm probably over-complicating the issue. I do that. :f_spider:

wilpir
12-31-2019, 10:55 AM
I wear yellow safety glasses at nite for my commute home..work great bought them at Harbor Freight...

ARtraveler
12-31-2019, 11:05 AM
There are now some night vision glasses being shown on those TV ads. Made specifically for night. Sorry, I do not have a link. They are being featured by "Bulbhead." About $20 a pair.

wilpir
12-31-2019, 11:12 AM
Exactly same thing at HF for $5.99.....

MNF3
12-31-2019, 12:32 PM
I got the Wiley X Gravity glasses with the Photochromic lenses. Use them all day and night. They have the foam gasket and a strap that turns them into goggles. Work perfect for me.

trikermutha
12-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I use padded safety clear glasses or yellow at times. Clear Google's work but need to defog them at times

Bfromla
12-31-2019, 12:46 PM
There are now some night vision glasses being shown on those TV ads. Made specifically for night. Sorry, I do not have a link. They are being featured by "Bulbhead." About $20 a pair.
Are they shatter proof??:dontknow:yet another reason to go with worker safety glasses:2thumbs: windshield or not some things still get by. :sour:

ARtraveler
12-31-2019, 02:09 PM
Are they shatter proof??:dontknow:yet another reason to go with worker safety glasses:2thumbs: windshield or not some things still get by. :sour:

If I remember, the ad shows them bending and flexing the glasses. They do not say anything about shatter proof though.

stevencovert
12-31-2019, 02:29 PM
My wife swears by the yellow night driving glasses she got at an auto parts store. Another pair via Amazon when those were lost. She didn't like the padding at first, but without it swirls of wind got in her eyes and made them water up. With the padding this didn't happen.

JayBros
12-31-2019, 11:34 PM
Speaking from first hand experience over years of long distance bicycle touring, the most important factor in using safety glasses after the shatterproof quality of the lenses is their optical quality. I once came upon a pair of shatterproof ones that after a half hour or so of riding actually made me sick to my stomach.

SCWSpyder
01-04-2020, 07:52 PM
Iride, I wear a pair of yellow safety glasses that are wonderfully light (as in tint) for day and night use—they also happen to be available with readers if one needs that. Try Readers.com. And they are very affordable (read cheap :). Any recommendations for service/dealer in Phoenix?