PDA

View Full Version : coolant spew out after a 2 hour ride

Spyder0824
12-24-2019, 09:05 PM
My bide is a 2011 Spyder RT LTD. After a 2 hour ride in 60 degree weather today my bike spewed out 3/4 of the coolant tank antifreeze. It appears to only have come out from the overflow tube. I am wondering if I need to replace the thermostat. If so, does the thermostat automatically when ordering the thermostat housing?

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-24-2019, 09:16 PM
My bide is a 2011 Spyder RT LTD. After a 2 hour ride in 60 degree weather today my bike spewed out 3/4 of the coolant tank antifreeze. It appears to only have come out from the overflow tube. I am wondering if I need to replace the thermostat. If so, does the thermostat automatically when ordering the thermostat housing?

Hi sorry to hear you are having a problem ….. We are here to help if we can …. however we need to know more history about your Spyder, the more we know the better your issue can be assessed and maybe an answer or solution can be reached ….. Mike :ohyea:

Bfromla
12-24-2019, 11:51 PM
Check on the thermostat yes but good idea get dealer look at history on buds, checking fans as well, additional: has the fluid ever been flushed/ replaced?? Most loose lil effectiveness over time.