PDA

View Full Version : upgrade

Flyboyjohn
12-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Hi all, is there an upgrade for the radio on a 2014 Can Am Spyder RT S, Bluetooth would be nice.

CopperSpyder
12-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Yes you can add blue tooth contact motorcycle Dave his ad is on the Home page. this is his video for setting up his blue tooth for your radio. "click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=cwGjxE3vrmg&feature=emb_logo

Welcome to the forum Flyboyjohn! I hope you Enjoy it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Hi all, is there an upgrade for the radio on a 2014 Can Am Spyder RT S, Bluetooth would be nice.

Yes you can do Bluetooth, I have a 2014 basic RT and am 110% happy with the radio...… I changed my speaker system to JBL's in 5.25 all around …. fantastic sound … I also changed the OEM antennae to a Bosche re-tractable AUTO antennae and get equal to what my 07 Sienna gets and that's pretty good ….. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-23-2019, 12:10 AM
As mentioned above there are add-ons you can install, but as far as the basic radio unit, no, there is no upgrade available. Neither can you replace the Spyder radio with any other radio because it is integrated into the CANbus system for controlling it from the handlebar.

JSRT
12-23-2019, 07:21 AM
If you want to be able to stream via Bluetooth to the Spyder - say from your phone, you can connect a Bluetooth receiver to your Can Am supplied 30 pin cable. Then switch the input to AUX. Receivers can be purchased from Amazon or other outlets.

Wahrsuul
12-26-2019, 05:39 PM
I've got the same tryke. The PO had an XM unit and a Sena SM10H in the trunk. I've removed both as I don't use XM, and the SM10H streams from the radio/XM to a Bluetooth headset. So I'd still have to buy BT sets for the helmets. Just opted for a Cardo Freecom 2 set for intercom and streaming music. Personally, I'm not fond of using the speakers, I don't feel like anyone else needs to hear what I'm listening to. I still have the SM10H and XM unit I need to get rid of....

pegasus1300
12-26-2019, 10:52 PM
The Cardo will interface with the SMH 10 so you can hear your as well radio thru your helmet speakers as well as the other features of the audio unit. Ipod control,Aux, weather station