PDA

View Full Version : for those who have evoluzione's race air flow system

aka1004
07-22-2009, 11:01 PM
i've been getting some lousy mpg lately at 90 miles per tank when warning light comes on when i am on surface street so i been poking around and i had a thought may be filter needs cleaning and re-oiling but i only have 2400 miles on them and ken said every 5000 or so but i pulled out it and washed it with dish soap and apply new oil and my miles per tank SOOOOOOOOOORED to 110. it's only one tank but difference is obvious.
i am guessing i will be getting better mpg on freeway also. i have been getting about 130 on freeway typically on 4.8 gallon.

i don't know if it's because it was new and needs early maintenance or just needs more frequent maintenance. so wash them as often as you care to. the performance got slightly noticeably better also.

so the lesson is if something ain't right poke around and see what you find.:D
up next is that fuel management chip from magnumtuning.com it should be here soon and i hope that will be THE last thing i do for spyder's performance...

docdoru
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
The filter needs to be clean and oiled at every 3000 miles.

bjt
07-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Those recommended service intervals on air filters are based on average riding conditions. If you ride somewhere that's dustier than average, you'll have to service the filters sooner.

Firefly
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
I clean and oil every 3,000 when I change the oil.

The spray on oil and cleaner stuff works really well.

Try to clean from the INSIDE of the filter - running the water from inside to outside.

Let dry overnight - just air-dry. Spray the 'sticky-oil' on the outside and inside of the filter.

DragonSpyder
07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Soap and water works OK but nothing cleans a filter like Kerosene! Cleaning with soap and water after helps get rid of the smell.

Firefly
07-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I use this UNI filter service kit for mine.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/197/18148/ITEM/Uni-Air-Filter-Filter-Service-Kit.aspx

CheeseCake
07-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Not to Hijack.... it goes with the discussion...

do you think the race filter is a worth while mod?
I currently have the 2Bros dual pipe and juice box...

always looking for a little more Juice!!!

CC

aka1004
07-24-2009, 06:57 PM
i thought about getting foam filter cleaner but ken did say wash it with little dawn so i am going with that

aka1004
07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Not to Hijack.... it goes with the discussion...

do you think the race filter is a worth while mod?
I currently have the 2Bros dual pipe and juice box...

always looking for a little more Juice!!!

CC

that's a big YES!!
you have more fuel going in and more air going out but you air intake is very restricted. i am guessing you will get almost same benefit you got with juicebox and duals combined with race air flow.
when i put mine on, i already had hi flow air filter in stock airbox with baffles off and hindle.
i swapped out hindle for leo vince and race air flow system and difference was pretty big.

it is very loud thou. i dynamatted center and side panels and it's juuuuuuust bearable. also,just like anything else, as time goes you get used to it. i don't mind the air intake noise anymore with dynamat and getting used to. i do need higher powered sound system because of noise thou :D:thumbup:

oh and one added benefit is no more oil dripping out of airbox:2thumbs:
oil is fed thru new barrel into the engine to get burned.

CheeseCake
07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
thanks for the info....
I have read some concerns about the added intake noise...
I'm not worried about the noise...as long as the performance gains are there....

Let us know how the Magnum mod turns out....
It would be awesome if someone made a hand held tuner for our bikes...

CC