PDA

View Full Version : RT Fog Light bulb Replacement

robhowen
11-25-2019, 01:55 PM
Can anyone direct me to a good video and/or instructions in replacing RT fog light bulbs? I have a 2015. I find one video, but I'm really struggling with trying to get my hands in there. The right side is tough and the left seems really challenging. I think I must need to remove more components to be able to get in there.

Help appreciated.

Rob

JayBros
11-25-2019, 02:43 PM
Unless you have small and very strong hands and fingers the easiest way to replace them, particularly the L one, is to remove the frunk. It is not a difficult job and here is an excellent video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5atKHlmp4

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-25-2019, 03:07 PM
Unless you have small and very strong hands and fingers the easiest way to replace them, particularly the L one, is to remove the frunk. It is not a difficult job and here is an excellent video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5atKHlmp4

Even if this your first time removing the Frunk, it might take 20 min., but it will save you hrs. trying to do this with the Frunk on …. I found the most difficult part was re-connecting the Air intake at the rubber Elbow..... If you can't easily get a perfect seam , don't worry about … it doesn't need a perfect seal ….air is air, it doesn't matter ( unless it's super hot & it won't be ) where it comes from....and water won't be an issue either ….. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

Chasinsparks
11-25-2019, 03:29 PM
:agree: If you should decide to do with the trunk in place. Please have band aids on hand, also a few cold drinks of your choosing and ensure anybody that maybe offended by foul language is not anywhere within a mile of your work space.

Mikey
11-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Go to the nearest high school and walk into the shop class and ask the teacher if he has a student that would like to work on your bike for a couple bucks!!!And let his skinny little hands and arms do the work!!!:dontknow: Sounds good to me

Bfromla
11-25-2019, 04:29 PM
Go to the nearest high school and walk into the shop class and ask the teacher if he has a student that would like to work on your bike for a couple bucks!!!And let his skinny little hands and arms do the work!!!:dontknow: Sounds good to me:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: then they will want to RYDE it:yikes::yikes::banghead:

bluewoo
11-25-2019, 06:49 PM
Get your blood type and a bag on stand by!177406

robhowen
11-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Been there, done that. That's why I asked for help.

Thank you!

Rob

Get your blood type and a bag on stand by!177406

Mikey
11-25-2019, 08:47 PM
:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: then they will want to RYDE it:yikes::yikes::banghead:

There was nothing wrong with that when my history teacher let me work on her corvette in auto class, when I was in high school!! I had to flip a coin with my shop teacher to see which one of us got first dibs at the wheel!!! Dam that was a FUN tune up and a sweet test ride!!

cptjam
11-26-2019, 02:00 AM
Ride it up here. I’ll do it. The right one is 10 minutes. Good practice. The left takes a bit longer, but easy enough. I’ll show you! Joe

robhowen
11-26-2019, 07:43 AM
Joe, what a generous offer! You are always so willing to help people, thank you. I'll let you know if I can make it that way.
Regards,
Rob Owen

Ride it up here. I’ll do it. The right one is 10 minutes. Good practice. The left takes a bit longer, but easy enough. I’ll show you! Joe

Bob L
11-26-2019, 09:03 AM
The left one does take a certain amount of swearing... and replace them with good LED lights so you do not have to change them a second time!