PDA

View Full Version : Buds

splake0
11-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Anyone have BUDS for their personal use? Is it worth the money?
My nearest Can Am dealership is 1.5 hours away.

Grandpot
11-21-2019, 06:42 AM
The simple answer is; it all depends on what goes wrong with the bike. If you are not tech savvy, it maybe difficult to use. I've used mine for several years and found it paid for itself.

trikermutha
11-21-2019, 06:46 AM
It can be if you are having issues with the Spyder. If the Spyder is running fine the BUDS just sits.

splake0
11-21-2019, 08:17 AM
How I understand it. It is a yearly subscription 1-10 years. Is there not a backyard mechanic version or just dealer version of BUDS? Pretty pricey to get setup.

trikermutha
11-21-2019, 09:07 AM
Find someone who has it in your area ? They maybe able to help. If not options are to by or go to the dealer.

Yes there is a year subscription for buds.

Jetfixer
11-25-2019, 06:20 PM
I have it and swear by it. But then, I do all my own work. For many items, it's really the only way to do them properly. Also, with a dealer license, you can hook to Seadoo and Skidoo machines.

splake0
11-25-2019, 09:57 PM
I have it and swear by it. But then, I do all my own work. For many items, it's really the only way to do them properly. Also, with a dealer license, you can hook to Seadoo and Skidoo machines.

I’m really considering buying BUDS. My wife owns the 15 RT Special. But I get to fix it. I figure it will pay for itself over time.

Little Blue
11-26-2019, 04:25 AM
:coffee: Just curious, How much does the 'Buds System' cost?
Can you do everything a dealership would be able to do?
Is there a dealer option/level only?
A customer option/level?
I have heard that 'Buds System' is mostly used as a dealer Tool, because of its yearly costs.....:thumbup:

billybovine
11-26-2019, 11:46 AM
:coffee: Just curious, How much does the 'Buds System' cost?
Can you do everything a dealership would be able to do?
Is there a dealer option/level only?
A customer option/level?
I have heard that 'Buds System' is mostly used as a dealer Tool, because of its yearly costs.....:thumbup:

Just curious, How much does the 'Buds System' cost? The starter kit, depending on which kit you choose, $699 to $1450 USD on Amazon. Directly from PowerSports Diagnostics is a little cheaper.
Can you do everything a dealership would be able to do? Yes and more depending on the licence.
Is there a dealer option/level only? Yes
A customer option/level? No
I have heard that 'Buds System' is mostly used as a dealer Tool, because of its yearly costs. Yes. Depending on the licence you choose. Anywhere from $175 to $400 USD per year.

splake0
12-02-2019, 11:55 AM
So has anyone else find a better place to buy the BUDS?

JIM EVANS
12-14-2019, 04:31 PM
i have the megatech license 10 yrs glad i have it... was around 1400