PDA

View Full Version : How to Turn Traction Control Off For Dyno'ing. Anyone?

MetroAsian
07-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Does anyone out there no what wires to pull to disable the Traction Control System. I'm not entirely sure if the spyder will perform okay on the dyno with it off. I guess I will find out in a few hours. Also, where is the o2 sensor located on the Spyder?

Bersquack
07-21-2009, 06:17 AM
The o2 sensor is in the tail. I think you can reach it from under the passenger section of the seat. You may need to remove the bottom panel though.

DragonSpyder
07-21-2009, 06:19 AM
You need to remove the sensors from all 3 wheels. Tape them outta the way and the nanny will go to sleep.

WizardMaster
07-21-2009, 06:54 AM
You need to remove the sensors from all 3 wheels. Tape them outta the way and the nanny will go to sleep.

True if its a SM5. The SE5's will not let you shift if you do that:gaah:.

bjt
07-21-2009, 06:59 AM
I would think that you'd only need to remove the two sensors on the rear wheel as the fronts wheels won't be moving anyways, right? It looks like the rear ones are removed by unscrewing two screws on the mounting plate that they are attached to.

Magic Man
07-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I would think that you'd only need to remove the two sensors on the rear wheel as the fronts wheels won't be moving anyways, right? It looks like the rear ones are removed by unscrewing two screws on the mounting plate that they are attached to.

If the front wheels are not moving you are right. :thumbup:

MM

bone crusher
07-21-2009, 10:45 AM
If the front wheels are not moving you are right. :thumbup:

MM

You can rewire to make the bike front-wheel drive...it's not hard to do, they say...and it gives you better traction...but that is in the other forum ..:joke:

ataDude
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
The o2 sensor is in the tail. I think you can reach it from under the passenger section of the seat. You may need to remove the bottom panel though.

Actually, the O2 sensor itself screws into the 2-1 exhaust collector under the bike. You can't miss it... it's the only thing in the exhaust system with electrical wiring.

It's connection is in the tail... behind the battery... and like you said, remove the tail section bottom panel (7 Torx screws) to access it.