PDA

View Full Version : How do I Clean Scuff Marks on Black Plastic?

rbflapjack
11-13-2019, 09:07 AM
My passengers on my F3L are scuffing up the black plastic on the front of the saddlebags with their boots :banghead:. I have washed it with car soap and water and the marks don't come off. I am hesitant to use armorall or something else without asking. Does anyone know a good way to clean that plastic and remove the scuff marks?

ARtraveler
11-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Good tip. I am experiencing the same on my yellow RT. And I am the culprit.

JP58
11-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Any cleaner polish detailer for matt finish should work. I use F11 but there are others like lamonsters detailer polish. No wax.

JABPA
11-13-2019, 02:25 PM
Don't have answer to buff out the scratches, but a way to protect the fender from additional damage is to use protection film. Its a clear film with clear pressure-sensitive adhesive that you can cut out a pattern and apply to cover the "area" on your fender. I used this on the hood of my autombile (to protect from rock/paint chipping). Additional information can be found on https://www.xpel.com/shop/additional-products/diy-kits. There are several companies that offer a paint protection film 3M etc.

campermac
11-13-2019, 08:41 PM
303 aerospace protectant. put it on and when it dries buff it off with a microfiber cloth or t-shirt made from cotton.

I use it on all my black trim on my vehicles and I recently got a Ryker Ralley for my wife and did the entire bike with it. It gives you a shine similar to Armorall but not as glossy and most definitely no greasy feel

Pirate looks at --
11-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Lamonster has a great product for this "Black Dyamond Trim Renew."