PDA

View Full Version : Two Bros Dual Exhaust

Spyder2780
07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Does anyone got a Two brothers exhaust dual exhaust Carbon Fiber? I'm looking to install one on my Spyder but trying to get feedback. If anyone thinks that theirs is too loud and wants to sell it, let me know. I'll help out another rider recoupe some of their investment. There is nothing worse than spending $1k to find out that you don't like it....Thanks

kalavera
07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
you'll probably get a lot of people here say its too loud. I have one on my spyder, my wife has a stock pipe on her's (she hates my two brothers pipe).

I love my two brothers carbon fiber dual exhaust.

bubbahetzel
07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Its a little loud, but I still love the look and sound of my Two-Brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust.:thumbup:

Blackwidow74
07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Pipe does sound good, but it has been known to crack. :gaah:

opticat
07-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Have there been any specific instances of the Two Brothers pipe cracking, and where on the pipe does the crack occur? So far, my pipe is doing fine using the "power tips".

bjt
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Have there been any specific instances of the Two Brothers pipe cracking, and where on the pipe does the crack occur? So far, my pipe is doing fine using the "power tips".

At least one person posted of their problems with a Two Bros. pipe blowing the end out. I'll see if I can find the thread.

bjt
07-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Found it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10625

I remember now, Two Bros. told SethO that he was using the incorrect restrictor and that's why his pipe broke.

CheeseCake
07-20-2009, 11:59 PM
I just installed one on mine....
love the sound!
Loud and Obnoxious!
my wife told me that when I brought it into the garage everything in the house shook! then immediately told me how bad @$$ it sounded...:thumbup:

The instructions do state that it needs to be repacked every 10 hrs... and that if its not done there could be some burn through...

CC

NancysToy
07-21-2009, 05:37 AM
love the sound!
Loud and Obnoxious!
my wife told me that when I brought it into the garage everything in the house shook! then immediately told me how bad @$$ it sounded...:thumbup:

The instructions do state that it needs to be repacked every 10 hrs... and that if its not done there could be some burn through...

CC
Ten Hours......that's insane! :yikes: I put ten hours on in a single day sometimes. Thanks, but no thanks.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

bjt
07-21-2009, 07:20 AM
love the sound!
Loud and Obnoxious!

CC

Ten Hours......that's insane! :yikes: I put ten hours on in a single day sometimes. Thanks, but no thanks.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

If I had that exhaust, I would have had to repack it twice a day on my way out to California.... :yikes: :yikes: Once a day on the way back home. :yikes: Doesn't sound like Two Bros. is the exhaust for me.

CheeseCake
07-21-2009, 09:19 AM
It's a Race Pipe....They don't expect you to tour with it.....;)

It's for off road use only...not to be used on a pollution controlled vehicle!
I'm sure with my wifes riding style it will last longer... just something I will have to keep an eye on...

kalavera
07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
re pack every 10 hours?!!! What? Are you serious? I have no idea what is involved in that. I know I have put well over 10 hours on my bike... what does that mean for me?

Blackwidow74
07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I am a member of West Coast Spyder. Read this thread by Pirate Powersports.
http://westcoastspyder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=293
Good Luck

adohring
07-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Hey all,

Before everyone gets crazy and thinks Two Brothers are horrible, just give them a call. I have the aluminum dual and my instructions state the same repack every 10 hours. I called them and asked why that was necessary and they told me it was ONLY necessary for race and off road use where the vehicle is under high stress and heat conditions all the time. Road use does not require near the maintenance on ALL parts of the vehicle which includes the exhaust.

In general, Two Brothers exhaust wont require any more maintenance than any of the other aftermarket exhausts.

Of note, Carbon Fiber cans will ALWAYS require more maintenance than non Carbon Fiber. But this is not limited to Two Brothers. Its just a heat issue with Carbon Fiber. The two are really that friendly with each other.

Also, while Two Brothers does not offer a Quiet Core (and the Tips they offer really dont do too much) it is possible to have baffles inserted into the cans. I have done this and it works fine.

regards,
Arjay

konich
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
As soon as I can get my hands on a Leo Vince SBK pipe I'll be throwing it on my Spyder :thumbup:

Two Brothers I'll definately stay away from as they are overpriced for the quality.

Donk45
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
just heard the dual twin bros for the first time...WOW, sounds awesome BUT LOUD. I mean its sound awesome, but I just couldnt see myself with that all the time. I'm worried I wake my neighbors at 1am with my hindle, :roflblack:.

Anyway, awesome sound, awesome exhaust...for those who like it LOUD!