PDA

View Full Version : GPS mounting front and center

gazey
07-20-2009, 06:06 AM
I've ordered a Zumo 550 for my Spyder and want to mount it front and center on the dash above the cluster. I have done a search for info and pics but cant seem to find much info. I know some of you guys have mounted your GPS units this way so any info and pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gazey.
:chat:

jeuchler
07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
I've ordered a Zumo 550 for my Spyder and want to mount it front and center on the dash above the cluster. I have done a search for info and pics but cant seem to find much info. I know some of you guys have mounted your GPS units this way so any info and pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gazey.
:chat:

Get the CHAD mounting system for GPS devices. It doubles as a pretty fair windshield. :joke:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1370&d=1238875657

(If you can guess whose Spyder this is, you win a prize from NMN. You just have to be the 1000th guesser...)

bjt
07-20-2009, 06:26 AM
Get the CHAD mounting system for GPS devices. It doubles as a pretty fair windshield. :joke:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1370&d=1238875657

(If you can guess whose Spyder this is, you win a prize from NMN. You just have to be the 1000th guesser...)

Nancystoy. :D

jeuchler
07-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Nancystoy. :D

Congratulations, Brian!

Now just post 999 more times for your prize!

(Hey, aren't you supposed to be at work at 7:30am?) :joke:

Big Arm
07-20-2009, 07:48 AM
After mounting my GPS on the right handle bar, and finding that this did not work for me, I mounted my ram base mount on the plastic housing, just above the safety card, using three 1/2" long screws. This did not interfere with the use of the safety card. The GPS is in an ideal location now, IMHO. It is easy to view and easy to operate. I am using a 3" long arm, and this allows the RAM keyed lock to clear the windshield, and the dash. I will now use the handle bar location for my cup holder.

BumbleBee
07-20-2009, 07:52 AM
After mounting my GPS on the right handle bar, and finding that this did not work for me, I mounted my ram base mount on the plastic housing, just above the safety card, using three 1/2" long screws. This did not interfere with the use of the safety card. The GPS is in an ideal location now, IMHO. It is easy to view and easy to operate. I am using a 3" long arm, and this allows the RAM keyed lock to clear the windshield, and the dash. I will now use the handle bar location for my cup holder.

:congrats: Perfect!! :2thumbs: