PDA

View Full Version : Anyone replaced 2015 Spyder RT handgrips? What kind of grips?

mywheelspin63
11-03-2019, 10:38 AM
Hi, I have a 2015 RT-S I wanted to know if anyone has fully replaced the handgrips on their Spyder and if so what kind of grips did they use, I have seen a few people use a cover grip that they put over their original grips.

CopperSpyder
11-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Mywheelspin63. The grips you have now are heated, some people add foam grips over them to make them bigger and some say more comfortable. I'm sure someone with some of the covers will chime in.

ARtraveler
11-03-2019, 10:59 AM
We tried foam covers on both of our :ani29: :spyder2:'s when they first came out. I did not like them because the heat did not radiate through them good enough for me. Linda was just fine with them. She still has ONE of the foam covers on hers.

EdMat
11-03-2019, 12:49 PM
I added the ones from Lamonster to mine. Not too large and the heated grips still function fine. Grip feels better from both a size and vibration standpoint. As a reference I wear a size med to large glove.

spyder01
11-03-2019, 02:56 PM
I have foam grips and I think the heat is fine and they are a little softer

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Hi, I have a 2015 RT-S I wanted to know if anyone has fully replaced the handgrips on their Spyder and if so what kind of grips did they use, I have seen a few people use a cover grip that they put over their original grips.

:congrats:...&...:welcome: … I'm a hard core DIY'er, I covered mine ( glued ) with a piece of closed cell neoprene ( what they make skin diver suits from ) … I then covered that with Deer skin ( it's very thin & not effected by water but I also waterproofed mine ) … It does diminish the heat from the OEM grips , but not that much …. instead of low & use High ….. Mike:lecturef_smilie:

Navydad
11-03-2019, 07:47 PM
I had these on my Beemer, Triumph Trophy, and Spyder. All with heated grips. They work very well. http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/home.html

pegasus1300
11-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Some of us have used the clam shell grips from Kuryaken that were originally designed to go over the heated grips on the Goldwing. These are chrome and rubber and look very nice. They also block some of the heat and I could only get heat thru mine if the grips were on high. Also you have to modify the left grip if you have an SE 6 as the paddle shifter gets in the way. You will need to cut the grip to clear. Not hard just a bother. Anyway if you are willing to do this you get a very nice looking grip and they are very comfortable.