PDA

View Full Version : Thin waterproof gloves recommendation

jcthorne
10-27-2019, 07:09 AM
Looking for a recommendation on some gloves. I have first gear heated glove liners so looking for a fairly thin but waterproof glove with some protection for palm to wear over them. What I have that fits are far too bulky to be comfortable. Need something without thick insulation or fleece inside. Would need to be available in a 3x also as they will need to be one size larger than I normally wear without the liners. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mikey
10-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Maybe some thing in a dive shop???:dontknow: they may have some thing thin

bscrive
10-27-2019, 08:23 AM
They don't exist. I have tried many of them and they all get wet inside.

I now wear some heavy rubber gloves that are fleeced lined over my regular gloves when it is raining. I got them at a truck stop.

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-27-2019, 09:05 AM
The problem is …. 3X … I have some heavy duty kitchen gloves, that I have worn over some Thin-sulate lined Deerskin gloves and they keep my hands warm.... however, finding them in 3X is going to be the issue.... I'm sure they exist, but I don't have a source for them ….. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

JIM EVANS
10-28-2019, 03:01 PM
i have used scuba gloves for over 40 years

JayBros
10-28-2019, 03:43 PM
While they are not waterproof as possibly in scuba dry suit gloves, I've used Sealskinz, https://www.sealskinzusa.com/customer/pages/why-sealskinz-waterproof-gloves?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg7WuqOK_5QIVGaSzCh1QoAsSE AAYASAAEgLQ_vD_BwE, gloves in both bicycle and motorcycle touring and have found them very good at keeping hands and fingers warm although not dry. I also have a pair of Sedici Massimo waterproof gloves, size 3XL bought last year from Cycle Gear, but can't find them them online now to determine how large they can be had. I also have not ridden them in heavy rain so can't comment if they are truly waterproof.

Big Juice
10-28-2019, 05:05 PM
gemplers.com/gloves

cptjam
10-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Aerostich overgloves. Mine are orange. Big enough to cover my size 10.5 hands. Work great, keeps my gloves dry.

Switchback12
10-28-2019, 08:04 PM
+1 on Aerostich

ChicagoSpyder
10-28-2019, 10:15 PM
Gore-Tex is the solution, pricy but if you're serious about riding in the rain it is the best solution.

https://www.revzilla.com/waterproof-motorcycle-gloves