PDA

View Full Version : Authorized for service other than Hallem, PA

carbolic
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Is there anyone in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA area for authorized service? I have interacted with 2 service people at ___ Kawasaki. Both had a clearly diminutive affect such that even my 18 yo daughter said to me afterward, "what was with that lady" referring to a woman who registered my Spyder for service yesterday. The other fella was the "Service Manager" with whom I had initially spoken and when I referenced the SpyderLovers site, he referred to this collective as "stupid" and "a bunch of 'whiners" and recommended that I stay away from this site and others like it.

I have been in the practice of medicine for over 20 years and I don't have to tell anyone that customer service is the hallmark of staying in business. The service people at that dealership obviously do not have an ownership interest or they would give all customers "the Disney treatment"!

In any business where you provide the same services as your competition, you only get the repeat customer based upon your customer service model.

If I cannot find a reputable service center, I would rather sell my Spyder, than deal with the sort of personality issues that I observed in these individuals. Yes, I am aware that I can contact the ownership and discuss the issue but the problem with these people is a deep unhappiness at their core and represents an issue not easily corrected. As an aside, their sales staff is both terrific and helpful I didn't even buy the unit from them (bought used). :gaah:

docdoru
07-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Probably they are reading every post as "guests" trying to learn (slow, due to the transmission time for the eye-hand-neuron) something from this < "stupid" collective and "a bunch of “whiners">. IMHO: try to find another service. :thumbup:

ataDude
07-19-2009, 11:40 AM
That's kind of like my dealership six-seven months ago. I discovered, documented and published the linkage between the gear position sensor problems and steering problems. They stated it was internet bunk... in so many words.

Now.... they believe... I think.

However, we... on the internet... do tend to overdo the reactions sometimes... to just a very few incidents. Caution is the word, there.

Canuk
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Perhaps they felt that since your are not really a customer (you didn't buy your Spyder from them,) they have no business to lose and chose not to deal with your issues. Whether these issues were legitimate or not.

05titanle
09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Is there anyone in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA area for authorized service? I have interacted with 2 service people at ___ Kawasaki. Both had a clearly diminutive affect such that even my 18 yo daughter said to me afterward, "what was with that lady" referring to a woman who registered my Spyder for service yesterday. The other fella was the "Service Manager" with whom I had initially spoken and when I referenced the SpyderLovers site, he referred to this collective as "stupid" and "a bunch of 'whiners" and recommended that I stay away from this site and others like it.

I have been in the practice of medicine for over 20 years and I don't have to tell anyone that customer service is the hallmark of staying in business. The service people at that dealership obviously do not have an ownership interest or they would give all customers "the Disney treatment"!

In any business where you provide the same services as your competition, you only get the repeat customer based upon your customer service model.

If I cannot find a reputable service center, I would rather sell my Spyder, than deal with the sort of personality issues that I observed in these individuals. Yes, I am aware that I can contact the ownership and discuss the issue but the problem with these people is a deep unhappiness at their core and represents an issue not easily corrected. As an aside, their sales staff is both terrific and helpful I didn't even buy the unit from them (bought used). :gaah:
there is a dealer in hanover,pa that will deal with any problems you have. give them a call. motosports 717-632-7093