PDA

View Full Version : Canister-ectomy --whats the hose diameter?

Upcoaster
10-19-2019, 06:57 PM
Greetings from Washougal, WA!

I'm gearing up to pull the tupperware for an oil change and also tackle a couple of mods while i'm in there. For the canister-ectomy, I'm working from the instructions found here (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?119027-Canister-Ectomy-2008-2016-SM5-SE5&highlight=canisterectomy).

Does anyone who has performed this recall the diameter info for coupler and additional length of hose I'll need to extend hose #24?
I want to make sure I pick up the proper supplies and it would be nice to have the right stuff on hand before I begin.

Thanks in advance!
David

--
David Busey
2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."

Curlytops
10-20-2019, 12:28 AM
I just removed the hose that goes from the canister and down through the bottom om the spyder and didn't have to buy any additional hose. I just bought 2 clear fuel filters and used one to join the tank vent and hose together, and another filter at the open end of the hose. The drain hose I removed is long enough for you to feed it down the side of the airbox and vent it next to headlight above right front wheel. Best thing I ever did removing the canister... doesn't smell like a gas station now!

CopperSpyder
10-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Greetings from Washougal, WA!

I'm gearing up to pull the tupperware for an oil change and also tackle a couple of mods while i'm in there. For the canister-ectomy, I'm working from the instructions found here (https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?119027-Canister-Ectomy-2008-2016-SM5-SE5&highlight=canisterectomy).

Does anyone who has performed this recall the diameter info for coupler and additional length of hose I'll need to extend hose #24?
I want to make sure I pick up the proper supplies and it would be nice to have the right stuff on hand before I begin.

Thanks in advance!
David

--
David Busey
2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."

For the 2010 RT SM5 your part# is 26 (same as 24 in diagram) and it is a 6.4 mm (1/4) hose.

Upcoaster
10-21-2019, 12:34 AM
For the 2010 RT SM5 your part# is 26 (same as 24 in diagram) and it is a 6.4 mm (1/4) hose.

Spectacular. Thank you!
David