PDA

View Full Version : F3 mono seat cowl

XB12X
10-11-2019, 03:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about my F3-S is how the rear seat only fastens on in one place. For such an expensive bike, this is ridiculous. I'm sure others agree. I would like to fit the Mono Seat Cowl as I usually ride solo. However I am concerned about the fit. Is it really loose? Can anyone enlighten me?

Gwolf
10-11-2019, 03:57 PM
I have the seat and the cowl. 5,000 miles of swapping them back and forth, neither one has ever come loose.

XB12X
10-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Gwolf, but given the seat only fastens on one side and the Seat cowl must do too, I was wondering how rattly it was. That's what I meant by loose.

OK-DZ9R
10-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Thanks, Gwolf, but given the seat only fastens on one side and the Seat cowl must do too, I was wondering how rattly it was. That's what I meant by loose.

I've had the seat cowl on for a couple of years with no rattles or looseness. 176367

XB12X
10-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Good news, OK-DZ9R. I am assuming it is compatible with BRP rider's backrest.

hypurone
10-11-2019, 05:59 PM
MY seat cowl fits perfect & very snug/secure unlike the stock seat did at first. and yes, it does not interfere with installing a drivers' backrest as the opening remains uncovered....

Cruzr Joe
10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Seems like you are worried for no reason, just make sure it is installed properly and ride on

OK-DZ9R
10-11-2019, 09:17 PM
Good news, OK-DZ9R. I am assuming it is compatible with BRP rider's backrest.

It is compatible with the backrest. Although I don't use one, you can see here where a slot is provided to install it.

XB12X
10-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to buy one. The small lockable storage compartment will be very useful. Plus they look good.

Sarge707
10-12-2019, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to buy one. The small lockable storage compartment will be very useful. Plus they look good.

I have a yellow one and it looks Nice BUT that storage KEY is such a pain in the as* I rarely open it!!

OK-DZ9R
10-12-2019, 09:23 PM
I have a yellow one and it looks Nice BUT that storage KEY is such a pain in the as* I rarely open it!!

Yeah, the lock is total cheese. About the third time I used mine, the little keyhole guard whose main function seems to be to keep you from inserting the key, stuck crosswise across the keyhole. The lock is a standard piece. I think I can replace it with one that works. I'll report back if I do.

Thunderpunk
04-17-2021, 09:04 PM
I just received my 2021 FS-3 Special Series that comes with the seat cowl. I also have the rider's backrest. I'm not seeing how to install the backrest with the anti-theft bolt in place. The bolt will not fit through the slit in the rear cowl. The instructions are useless in this regard. Any one have any pointers?

UPDATE: I decided to cut a slit in the rubber on the cowl that allows me to bend the rubber around the backrest post and then drop it back into place. Works fine, but would have preferred not to have to cut a brand new part like that.

CloverHillCrawler
04-18-2021, 01:35 AM
2020 F3 cowl is secure but loose , the rattle from it is incessant.

I haven't been to impressed with my build quality of the body panels in general . After going out for my first long ride on the highway I can hear the cowl rattling in back of me, Both panels above the headlights rattle as well as the black bezels around the display.

And after taking a few good bumps on 95 one of the screws on the right knee panel popped off the frame, upon examination the torx head was overtightened and is stripped.

I am having a lot fun on it and enjoy the ride but I sure hope all of this rattling can be resolved.