PDA

View Full Version : Spyder wont shift!!!! oh noooooo

blackout
07-17-2009, 11:45 PM
i have had my spyder for a bout 3mos. now. worked perfectly great no problem. i now have 2400 miles on it. today went to start it and shift it out of gear but is stuck in 4th gear. the only way to get my gears to swith is to start going down the road fast and then sometime it will switch gears. but wil only go in 4th gear and 3rd. anyone know if any recalls . spent 17000 dollars and now already tore up. what the f#$% :cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus: :cus::cus:!!!!!!

QuadManiac
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Sounds like the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) issue... you're dealer should replace it under warranty. BUT, just in case, check to make sure that all your relays (just behind the top left side of the hood) are inserted tightly. They can have a habit of working free.

superfly3
07-18-2009, 12:22 AM
mine is in the shop for the same thing gps sensor I have an sm5,and don't know how long it will be as my dealer is backed up.:( already miss her.

BumbleBee
07-18-2009, 03:13 AM
i have had my spyder for a bout 3mos. now. worked perfectly great no problem. i now have 2400 miles on it. today went to start it and shift it out of gear but is stuck in 4th gear. the only way to get my gears to swith is to start going down the road fast and then sometime it will switch gears. but wil only go in 4th gear and 3rd. anyone know if any recalls . spent 17000 dollars and now already tore up. what the f#$% :cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus::cus: :cus::cus:!!!!!!
That would be frustrating. welcome

Bersquack
07-18-2009, 09:08 AM
It sounds like a gear position sensor issue. Call your dealer and get it fixed. This is a warantee item and will not cost you a dime.

welcome

obiwanbill
07-18-2009, 09:42 AM
shift sensor shot on my bike. dealer ordered part back ordered, but received finally last week. Then it took some days to get an appt time.
told it would take 4 hours for it and some brake pads, but it was out in 2.

all covered by warranty. no more stuck tranny, no more squeaky brakes!:ohyea:

burg650
07-18-2009, 01:14 PM
mine is in the shop for the same thing gps sensor I have an sm5,and don't know how long it will be as my dealer is backed up.:( already miss her.

If they have the part and he knows what he is doing it should be no more that 2.5 hours, also make sure they do the coil ground as well.

Roger
07-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I'am glad you found us here and decided to join our family but don't you think it would have been nicer if you introduce your self first. I'am sure somebody here maybe able to help you goodluck and welcome

fastfraser
07-18-2009, 06:36 PM
:congrats:welcome:spyder2:on