PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change 1330 SE6 - drain engine or trans first?

JimboRTS
10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
On a 2018 RT should I drain engine or transmission first?

Jim

Spyderman2018
10-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Most people do tranny first because it holds the least amount & is easier access...…..

JayBros
10-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Makes absolutely no difference. When you loosen the crankcase plug it will begin to leak or slightly stream out. I stuff paper towel into the void to the rear of the plug on the belly pan to keep oil from getting on the pan and then onto the garage floor. When you break the seal on the filter cover you will probably hear some more oil drain out of the clutch cover plug hole, so don't reinsert the plug as soon as it initially stops draining.

PinkRosePetal
10-07-2019, 02:03 PM
I do the engine side first, while its draining I remove the mirror and side panel. Unscrew the oil filter to let air in so it drains too then drain the transmission side. Go get a coffee while it all drains down completely. Replace everything and it's job done. Don't forget the oil! :yikes:

Peter Aawen
10-07-2019, 09:59 PM
...... Don't forget the oil! :yikes:

:agree: Good plan! And that last bit (quoted) certainly is a biggie! :thumbup: It's almost as important as remembering to put the drain-plug/s back in BEFORE you start re-filling with fresh oil!! :gaah: But, if you're anything like everyone else, you'll probably only ever forget to do that the once! :shocked:

:2thumbs: