PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak

RykerUSA
09-29-2019, 03:02 PM
My ryker over the last few weeks has become loud at start up only to quiet down when the engine warmed up after a minute or two. I check the service manual and it said that as part of the 6000 mile service you should tighten the exhaust connections. I didn't do that at the time and now I have 11,900 miles. So, I took off the heat shield by the exhaust manifold and sure enough the bolts holding the manifold on to the engine block were all easy to snug up (i.e. somewhat loose). I snugged them up and the problem is solved. Thought this might help others who experienced the same thing.

MDLNB
09-30-2019, 03:18 PM
My ryker over the last few weeks has become loud at start up only to quiet down when the engine warmed up after a minute or two. I check the service manual and it said that as part of the 6000 mile service you should tighten the exhaust connections. I didn't do that at the time and now I have 11,900 miles. So, I took off the heat shield by the exhaust manifold and sure enough the bolts holding the manifold on to the engine block were all easy to snug up (i.e. somewhat loose). I snugged them up and the problem is solved. Thought this might help others who experienced the same thing.

Holy Smoke! I seem to be accumulating a heck of a list of bolts that need to be tightened after a select amount of miles on the machine. If my old car needed bolts tightened, I would have been walking years ago.

Nico75
10-03-2019, 05:38 AM
Hi RykerUSA did you have to remove the sensor in the exhaust plate if so does it unscrew easy with the cable connection
Best regards Nico 75

Chupaca
10-03-2019, 10:16 AM
You seem to be finding all kinds of tid-bits to pass on to the ryker clan....:bowdown: Hope they are taking notes cause it will save them searching or visiting the dealer...:thumbup:

RykerUSA
10-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Yes you do have to take the sensor off. it is no problem whatsoever.