PDA

View Full Version : "Rampage" Power Lift System for the Spyder

Tango
09-29-2019, 08:42 AM
In the early stage of looking into this set up. Anyone here have this? Thoughts? It mounts in the bed of a pick up truck. Lifts the Spyder up into the bed of the truck. Not cheap money wise. Got rid of the trailer because of space problem. Would also need a truck that can handle it. Researching that also. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

http://rampagelift.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_absBRD1ARIsAO4_D3ueoGU7_Rm_-dZRipMRmDTOSEkuAFeJBFkTCjjrTaEjLzvAtA-2Ta4aAjJmEALw_wcB

Chupaca
09-29-2019, 10:50 AM
It has popped up here before though I have not seen a review on it may be no one has gotten one as of yet. Don't know if it is easy to install and remove if you use your pickup for other things...:dontknow: but is a very nice rig....:thumbup:

UtahPete
09-29-2019, 11:37 AM
In the early stage of looking into this set up. Anyone here have this? Thoughts? It mounts in the bed of a pick up truck. Lifts the Spyder up into the bed of the truck. Not cheap money wise. Got rid of the trailer because of space problem. Would also need a truck that can handle it. Researching that also. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

http://rampagelift.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_absBRD1ARIsAO4_D3ueoGU7_Rm_-dZRipMRmDTOSEkuAFeJBFkTCjjrTaEjLzvAtA-2Ta4aAjJmEALw_wcB

Robhowen has one. He seems pleased with it.

Tango
09-29-2019, 11:46 AM
It has popped up here before though I have not seen a review on it may be no one has gotten one as of yet. Don't know if it is easy to install and remove if you use your pickup for other things...:dontknow: but is a very nice rig....:thumbup:

Supposedly 15-20 minutes to remove, or reinstall. :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

2dogs
09-29-2019, 11:55 AM
I have one that I used for my Harley. Haven't got the conversion kit yet for the spyder. It is a slick and easy setup to operate however it is expensive it is very very heavy. Not necessarily something an older fellow would want to take in and out of the bed of a truck. I use my tractor to move it around because I can't physically lift it anymore. I'd sell it to you for 1/2 price if you wanted it, but shipping to Florida would be a killer on the pocket book.

Tango
09-29-2019, 01:53 PM
I have one that I used for my Harley. Haven't got the conversion kit yet for the spyder. It is a slick and easy setup to operate however it is expensive it is very very heavy. Not necessarily something an older fellow would want to take in and out of the bed of a truck. I use my tractor to move it around because I can't physically lift it anymore. I'd sell it to you for 1/2 price if you wanted it, but shipping to Florida would be a killer on the pocket book.

It's over 400lbs.. So yes shipping would be killer. They have a special right now. Free shipping, no sales tax. Tempting, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. Also have not decided on a truck yet. :dontknow: Thanks, for the offer. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Grandpot
09-29-2019, 01:59 PM
There's been discussion before about the Spdyer facing backwards. You may have to remove the windshield if you go fast.

tjsox
09-29-2019, 02:00 PM
The lift looks great, however I would be concerned with the impact wind would have on the Spyder windshield.

RudyB
09-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Why would it be facing backwards drive on facing forwards no windshield issues

Grandpot
09-29-2019, 03:17 PM

Look at the picture on their website. The Spyder faces backwards because of the wheel wells in the pickup truck.

Tango
09-29-2019, 03:27 PM
The windshield would have to be taken off for sure. :lecturef_smilie: Tom :spyder:

JayBros
09-29-2019, 04:03 PM
I can see the total benefit of using it for a two wheeler but with a Spyder the preponderance of the weight is aft of the truck rear axle. Yeah, you're dealing with only a half ton or so and for short trips probably not too bad but on long hauls? And the weight of the device itself is no laughing matter.

UtahPete
09-29-2019, 04:22 PM

:agree: This is an Amerideck, but same concept

From Rob Owen Pete Nixon. best to watch this youtube intro and video I did. https://youtu.be/4tk82X5MYXw

UtahPete
09-29-2019, 11:31 PM
I can see the total benefit of using it for a two wheeler but with a Spyder the preponderance of the weight is aft of the truck rear axle. Yeah, you're dealing with only a half ton or so and for short trips probably not too bad but on long hauls? And the weight of the device itself in no laughing matter.

Not so. See above

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-30-2019, 12:13 AM
Supposedly 15-20 minutes to remove, or reinstall. :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

Yes I suppose that it could be done in that amount of time …… If you had a winch on the ceiling of your garage ….. and if it's not in the truck bed - where are you going to store the Rampage ….. just some thoughts …. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

Tango
09-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Mike just into the planning stages. I would put it in the garage. Wife is giving me mixed vibes. :banghead: She likes the idea. Butt, when she listened to the prices I'm coming up with. :cus: That, and she doesn't want to get rid of the Volvo we have now. We had to get rid of the trailer because of HOA rules. Storage lot wanted $105/mo. to park it there. This might wind up being a pipe dream. :lecturef_smilie: Tom :spyder:

JayBros
09-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Not so. See above

Yes, Pete, but you're talking about two different systems. The Rampage does not load the Spyder into the truck as far as the Amerideck because of the wheel wells. The Amerideck is in a dualie too that doesn't have wheel wells extending into the bed.

2dogs
09-30-2019, 01:18 PM
It's over 400lbs.. So yes shipping would be killer. They have a special right now. Free shipping, no sales tax. Tempting, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. Also have not decided on a truck yet. :dontknow: Thanks, for the offer. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Here's a possible solution. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foldable-Golf-Cart-Utility-Trailer-6ft-x-9ft-Folds-For-Storage-/163755171852?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

DanW
09-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Rampage Power lift motorcycle ramp. The one that lifts and hauls a Spyder in the back of a pickup truck.
I'm considering getting one but would be interested in hearing from some people that have owned them.

hut1
09-14-2023, 09:36 PM
Also interested.

2dogs
09-14-2023, 10:13 PM
What do you wish to know? I own one and have used it several times to transport my Harley. However, I don't have the spyder adapter for it.