PDA

View Full Version : Rear stop light and lighted plate frame

bjt
07-16-2009, 04:58 PM
When I got home last night, the replacement lighted plate frame and the new rear stop light I ordered from ESI was waiting on the front porch. I learned that a license plate is optional equipment in quite a few states as I've been riding the Spyder without one for 4 weeks and was never even looked at crosseyed by a police officer. :D Anyways, I put the stoplight on last night and worked on the plate frame last night and this morning. Two high quality products. :2thumbs: I hooked the stop light up just a little different than most in that I did not connect the running light wire. I wanted there to be maximum differentiation from when I had the brakes on or off. Works great that way, exactly the effect I wanted. I also like the side lit plate frame that Evan recommended. When I get home tonight, I'll post some pics or a video of the plate frame and stop light in action. :f_spider:

docdoru
07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Nice to see you legal on the streets! :thumbup:

Tom in NM
07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice to see you legal on the streets! :thumbup:

- - - he said he mounted the plate holder, not that he put a plate in it.

Brian, what is this plate frame. I have not seen it advertised anywhere?

Tom

Mo Lee
07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
When I got home last night, the replacement lighted plate frame and the new rear stop light I ordered from ESI was waiting on the front porch. I learned that a license plate is optional equipment in quite a few states as I've been riding the Spyder without one for 4 weeks and was never even looked at crosseyed by a police officer. :D Anyways, I put the stoplight on last night and worked on the plate frame last night and this morning. Two high quality products. :2thumbs: I hooked the stop light up just a little different than most in that I did not connect the running light wire. I wanted there to be maximum differentiation from when I had the brakes on or off. Works great that way, exactly the effect I wanted. I also like the side lit plate frame that Evan recommended. When I get home tonight, I'll post some pics or a video of the plate frame and stop light in action. :f_spider:

I remember when you lost it and we were trying to figure out what to do I made a statement something to the effect that police might not notice since the Spyder is so different they would be looking at it instead. Glad I was right although I wasn't confident.

Longlegs
07-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I thought this was gonna be a heartwarming story about how somebody in Missouri sent your plate and bracket back to you.

bjt
07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
I thought this was gonna be a heartwarming story about how somebody in Missouri sent your plate and bracket back to you.

Those Missouri SpyderLovers were a great bunch of people but scouring the weeds alonside a two mile stretch of busy expressway would have been way above and beyond any expectations I would have had, in my wildest dreams, times ten! :thumbup:

bjt
07-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Tom

You have to be one of NMN's "special" customers to get one. :joke: :D :joke: :D :joke: :D

Honestly, I think they have been selling the plate frames for other bikes for a while. I came across them while looking at lighted plate frames online and saw that NMN offered them, in black or chrome, top lit or side lit. :2thumbs:

Magic Man
07-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Tom

Here it is

http://www.nomagicneon.com/licenseplate.html

MM

bjt
07-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Here it is

http://www.nomagicneon.com/licenseplate.html

MM

Well this totally blows my "special" customer statement out of the water..... :D

Trickie Dick
07-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Man, I like those. Been looking for a frame. Good price too. BRP charges like 90 bucks for theirs with nolight. This will be on my next order.:2thumbs:
Dick

Longlegs
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah same here, if I dont forget it. Magic needs a wish list I can sign into, then I could move stuff to the shopping cart. Make it easy for me, Oh and maybe my wife could look there and see if I have something on my list she wants to get me.:roflblack: yeah likely not.

bjt
07-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Here's the video. I made it on the way out from work. I had to walk past all the "real" bikes to get to the Spyder. When the temps are in the 60's there are only one or two bikes there. When it was in the 50's and 40's, I was the only one who rode in. :dontknow: :D

Anyways, first you can see the side lit plate frame in operation, then I show how the center stop light works. I was too close with the iPhone while operating the brake pedal so the LEDs just blow out the video when I depress the pedal. Super bright. :ohyea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jUGvdK5RY

ps. I would have added some narration but I didn't want my coworkers to think I was going crazy and talking to myself. :D

hawkiii
07-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Brian, Man that thing is REALLY bright! I kept wondering where the narration was... thought my speakers quit :D
Plate holder is pretty cool too. You special customer you :roflblack:
hawkiii

CheeseCake
07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
scary!

did anyone else see the ghost standing at the front of the Spyder!!!

My NMM stuff is supposed to be here today!!!
It will give me something to do this weekend, since it's going to rain
(keeping my fingers crossed.... we need the rain!)

ataDude
07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Here's the video. I made it on the way out from work. I had to walk past all the "real" bikes to get to the Spyder. When the temps are in the 60's there are only one or two bikes there. When it was in the 50's and 40's, I was the only one who rode in. :dontknow: :D

Anyways, first you can see the side lit plate frame in operation, then I show how the center stop light works. I was too close with the iPhone while operating the brake pedal so the LEDs just blow out the video when I depress the pedal. Super bright. :ohyea:

YouTube - Spyder lighted plate frame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jUGvdK5RY)

ps. I would have added some narration but I didn't want my coworkers to think I was going crazy and talking to myself. :D

Did you add a safety wire to this one? :lecturef_smilie:

docdoru
07-17-2009, 11:40 AM
- - - he said he mounted the plate holder, not that he put a plate in it.Tom

Look twice...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120798&postcount=12 :shocked:

QuadManiac
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
did anyone else see the ghost standing at the front of the Spyder!!!

SpyderGhost, SpyderGhost... Does whatever a SpyderGhost does. (credit to Homer Simpson)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z131/QuadManiac/SpyderGhost.jpg

dltang
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
SpyderGhost, SpyderGhost... Does whatever a SpyderGhost does. (credit to Homer Simpson)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z131/QuadManiac/SpyderGhost.jpg

I am afraid your ghost is a plastic bag sitting on the seat.

Roaddog2
07-17-2009, 01:21 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

bjt
07-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I am afraid your ghost is a plastic bag sitting on the seat.

Yep. Its my lunch bag and also carries my C and iPhone programming books so I can study during breaks at work. :D