PDA

View Full Version : BRP Comfort Seat & Cowl

Zerocool
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Just a heads up...

The BRP seat cowl doesn't fit the new BRP Comfort Seat. Tried it last night. Note, I've been securing the cowl with velcro (as suggested on this site) to the original seat with great success. It doesn't fit, or look, right on the new seat.

So, if you're looking at that combination, save the $200 cowl charge. Wish I would have known. I love the new seat. I love the look of the cowl. They just don't love each other.

:sour:

DynamoBT
07-16-2009, 04:43 PM
YEAH!!!! I definitive answer! Now we know. Thanks!!

burg650
07-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up, then new seat is not for me as I really love the look of the rear cowl. I never take riders with me so I always have the cowl on, now I will have to look at Corbin front seat only and get there smuggler trunk.

NancysToy
07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up, then new seat is not for me as I really love the look of the rear cowl. I never take riders with me so I always have the cowl on, now I will have to look at Corbin front seat only and get there smuggler trunk.
Cowl won't fit the Corbin seat, either from what I remember, and probably not the gap without a rear seat. Perhaps some others can chime in here before you spend your hard earned money only to be disappointed. I think the cowl could be modified to fit the Comfort Seat, but it would take some expertise...and could get expensive.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

bjt
07-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Cowl won't fit the Corbin seat, either from what I remember, and probably not the gap without a rear seat. Perhaps some others can chime in here before you spend your hard earned money only to be disappointed. I think the cowl could be modified to fit the Comfort Seat, but it would take some expertise...and could get expensive.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Another possible option would be to go with one of the custom saddle rebuilds like a Russell, Bill Mayer, etc. They probably could redo the rider's portion of the seat and leave the passenger portion in the stock size and shape to accommodate the Spyder Rear Seat Cowl.

Lamonster
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm in the same boat and love my Smuggler trunk :thumbup: