PDA

View Full Version : FS: Progressive Suspension

ridercoach
09-24-2019, 04:32 PM
One pair of 435 front progressive shocks for a RS Spyder. They are in excellent condition with only 2-3 K on the shocks. $250.00

davehirst
09-26-2019, 03:45 PM
I have a 2015 RT S. Will these fit?

Peter Aawen
09-26-2019, 06:55 PM
Davehirst - Short answer - NO!

Slightly longer answer... Heck NO!

The RS Shocks might FIT an RT, but I doubt they'll work very well at keeping the front end under control &/or off the ground under load or cornering! RT's are somewhat heavier than RS's and even with their OE 'heavier springs', are generally pretty much very close to UNDER-sprung as is.... I'd hate to ryde one much further/harder than a gentle 1st gear tootle around the block with an EVEN LIGHTER set of springs'n shocks up front, no matter how much pre-load you added!! :shocked:

BajaRon
09-27-2019, 10:19 AM
I have a 2015 RT S. Will these fit?

As mentioned, there is 'Fit', and then there is 'Function'. Fit - Yes, Function - No. Without function, it's a no-go. They will work on the later model RS/RSS and ST Spyders though. I believe the overall length is something like 3/8" shorter than OEM for the 2013+ models. Frankly, not enough to make any real difference.

I've run these Progressive shocks. And I used to sell them also. They are excellent units. Certainly better than Fox, probably not quite as good as Elkas.