PDA

View Full Version : AZ spyder tech

Bill Link
09-18-2019, 05:46 PM
I am looking for a competent canAm Spyder tech in southwestern AZ, in an area within the approximate boundaries of say Buckeye, Parker/Havasu, Blythe & Yuma. (we stay 20 miles east of Quartzsite) I have heard & read several reports of poor service and procedues at RideNow, so have ruled them out, but, they seem to have Phoenix/Tucson area in a strangle hold with BRP. Spyders are no longer sold/serviced in the Yuma, Parker or Havasu CanAm dealerships, sayanara snowbirds.

I have a '13 ST Limited se5, I recently started getting a “kaachunking, kaachung” under moderate acceleration at 5700 – 5900 rpm in 1st gear, kinda like a miss, but more like a clutching issue or missing tooth or an unscheduled up-shift event. I have not noted it in 2nd or 3rd and have not been out of town and won't to get on it. No issue/event under light acceleration. No fault codes, Proper Amzol oil, 17000 miles. Rpm does not take off/rise. There may be a bit more of a low gear whine, just not sure on that, my hearing is crapola from years of jet engine noise in my younger days, high freq hearing gone, w/strong continuous tinnitus. I called Pit Bull in Springfield, but they can't get it in til after our departure date. So I'll trailer it out and hope for the best. Will try to avoid driving a motor home and trailer across Phoenix. Country flat-lander!!!! I guess in the long run I can live with another Polaris such as a slingshot, perfect compliment to my RZR to replace Spyder!!!!

SpyderAnn01
09-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Bring it to ProShop Motorsports in Henderson NV, Jon is a great mechanic.

Spydermike
09-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Not southwestern AZ, but David at Sierra Cycles is a very good mechanic. He's a master technician.

The whole team there is fantastic.

Chupaca
09-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Those in the know are letting you know about dealers with good reps....:clap: sounds like you possibly have the front sprocket issue but hopefully one of the above mentioned dealers can get you fixed up....:thumbup:

JoshHefnerX
09-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Haven't had ridenow's 'service' but buddy tried Nash.. Eventually they figured out the problem on his can-am sxs but it took several trips.. Not sure I'd recommend