PDA

View Full Version : Paint Chip

NautiBrit
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't know if this problem is peculiar to red spyders, but i seem to be accumulating more than my fair share of paint chips, even on the new BRP bags. Is anyone else having a similar problem with their paint, any color?

I do recall that BRP were slow in getting the red to market because of a paint problem. Now I wonder if chipping was that problem.

BajaRon
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't know if this problem is peculiar to red spyders, but i seem to be accumulating more than my fair share of paint chips, even on the new BRP bags. Is anyone else having a similar problem with their paint, any color?

I do recall that BRP were slow in getting the red to market because of a paint problem. Now I wonder if chipping was that problem.

Everyone gets paint chips. The Spyder seems to lend itself more to this than a 2 wheeler for obvious reasons.

Mine is silver and I don't think they show up as much as on the yellow and from what I've seen, chips just show up best on the red.

So I'm not sure if it's a more chip on the red situation or just that chips are more noticable on the red. I lean towards the 2nd reason.

Saluda
07-16-2009, 04:48 AM
I got my first one after ordering some touch up paint.

ataDude
07-16-2009, 08:41 AM
I've got a fair amount on tmy yellow Spyder's front... typically because I, by choice, ride tail gunner with the small group I ride with.

NautiBrit
07-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I'll have to invest in a can of touch up paint and let the chips fall where they may.