PDA

View Full Version : What color raingear do you wear?

Wmoater
09-13-2019, 10:14 AM
I am a huge KLIM fan. It’s all I wear as in snowmobile gear. My wife and I both wear the klim mesh jacket’s with armor on the spyder. I am not here to promote Klim, my question is what color rain gear do you wear? I am looking at the Klim forecast gortex jacket and pants. I really wanted the overshell which is light gray and dark gray but it is being discontinued. I get a pretty good discount so I am not worried about the price. I like the yellow ( high visibility) but my fear is How dirty, black streaked, and ugly it will look after the first rain ride. Does the bright colors look really dirty from the road grime during or after the storm? They offer an all black too. Just not sure as in color. Both have reflective materials. It will only be used in rain. I have a wind stop layer to slide under the mesh jacket if it gets cold. What color raingear do you wear?

ARtraveler
09-13-2019, 10:18 AM
In bad weather...I like the high vis stuff.

DavidJS
09-13-2019, 10:41 AM
I have 2 Klim jackets, both “hi-viz”. And they hold up very well.

David

Chupaca
09-13-2019, 10:43 AM
currently black pants with light grey and red with reflection top....will next get the hi viz....

PinkRosePetal
09-13-2019, 10:47 AM
Full hi-viz jacket here. It doesn't get filthy each ride but it does gradually become grubby. It gets the washing machine about twice a year then a scoosh of aerosol water repellent.

JayBros
09-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Hi viz yellow Firstgear jacket, black pants.

MNBK
09-13-2019, 12:03 PM
Hi viz orange jacket and black pants with a hi viz yellow stripe.

Saluda
09-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Hi viz. Real dirty has never been an issue. I do spray it off after use.

Mikey
09-13-2019, 02:40 PM
I got black gear with high vis strips on it! Think if I do it again I would try to get some thing like a yellow! There's some thing to be said for High vis day, and night!!

Zoot
09-13-2019, 07:40 PM
I was wearing a silver-gray suit on an overcast day last spring and almost got killed. Guy driving over the limit came flying up on me and locked up his brakes, going off into the ditch. (Nothing I could have done, I was boxed in at the time.)
Put me down for Hi-Viz all the way.

BoilerAnimal
09-13-2019, 11:52 PM
I am a LOT more concerned about being seen than I am about my gear looking a little dirty! How do you think it will look if you get hit by a driver who doesn't see you? When I was working as a Boilermaker, I was often required to wear Hi-Viz gear on job sites.......because it works!

cptjam
09-14-2019, 12:13 AM
175637Aerostich Hi Viz; have for years.

SpyderConvert
09-14-2019, 08:47 AM
High-vis yellow jacket and hi-viz yellow bib pants.

als
09-14-2019, 10:05 AM
I am a LOT more concerned about being seen than I am about my gear looking a little dirty! How do you think it will look if you get hit by a driver who doesn't see you? When I was working as a Boilermaker, I was often required to wear Hi-Viz gear on job sites.......because it works!

Hi,
It works if the auto drivers are paying even a little bit of attention.
Last month I was stopped at an intersection ( red light ) on rte 50 in Winchester, Va. A car went by me going at least 35 mph - apparently texting or on the phone.
I always wear hi viz - no help that day !!
Be safe and forever alert !!

bigbadbrucie
09-14-2019, 12:09 PM
I’ve got Nelson Rigg raingear. It’s black with light grey reflective strips on it. Been using it for 40 years, and it still keeps me dry, and if it’s visibility I want, I slip on a safety vest. My Call.

Deanna777
09-14-2019, 12:13 PM
I wear ( not sure of the name of the rain gear) but the color of the rain gear is : black/ high visible yellow on the pants and jacket.

Deanna

Gwolf
09-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Whatever color it happens to come in when I am buying new rain gear. Most of mine have been gray with reflective strips on the sleeves and back. I am not real concerned about fashion when it starts raining on my behind.

BoilerAnimal
09-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Hi,
It works if the auto drivers are paying even a little bit of attention.
Last month I was stopped at an intersection ( red light ) on rte 50 in Winchester, Va. A car went by me going at least 35 mph - apparently texting or on the phone.
I always wear hi viz - no help that day !!
Be safe and forever alert !!

Hi-Viz, like virtually everything else, isn't 100% foolproof. The old saying still holds true. You can't fix stupid!

cruisinTX
09-15-2019, 06:50 AM

This should be top priority in rain gear. Spyders and motorcycles already have a problem with other drivers not seeing them. Add diminished visibility due to inclement weather and your odds of not being seen go way up. I guess the choice you make depends on what is more important to you; being easily seen to help avoid being hit by another vehicle or a few streaks of road grime after the storm has passed.

FWIW: All of my rain gear is high vis for maximum visibility. I have also added high vis reflective tape to my helmet so the highest part of me and the Spyder are more easily seen. I did that after seeing a friend of mine with his bright yellow/green helmet that I could easily spot in traffic from at least 4 blocks away.

RosieriderKY
09-16-2019, 09:31 AM
cruisinTX, where did you get the yellow tape? I would like to add some to my helmets.
I am firm believer in HiVis yellow. I know especially when in the rain grey and dark jacket colors will blend in to background and make us even harder to see by others. It does not make sense to make it harder for others to see us especially in marginal conditions. I want to do everything possible to improve my chances to be seen so HiVis it is for me.

SpyderAnn01
09-16-2019, 10:21 AM
If the Klim gear is made if Gortex it will machine wash nicely.

Gwolf
09-16-2019, 10:26 AM
cruisinTX, where did you get the yellow tape? I would like to add some to my helmets.
I am firm believer in HiVis yellow. I know especially when in the rain grey and dark jacket colors will blend in to background and make us even harder to see by others. It does not make sense to make it harder for others to see us especially in marginal conditions. I want to do everything possible to improve my chances to be seen so HiVis it is for me.

Try here.......... large selection;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=high+visibility+reflective+tape&crid=2XRL4WYI4GUZ3&sprefix=high+visibility+reflective+%2Caps%2C159&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_27

Nobodyjj
09-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Wear Glad, comes in a multi pac! Orange,yellow,clear or black....

cruisinTX
09-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Amazon & do a search for florescent yellow reflective tape, 2" x 10'. I found when trying to cut and apply it, making a paper pattern for each section made it much simpler.

starrider60
09-18-2019, 09:02 AM
I have Frogg Toggs with tan camoflage. Sounds like I better switch :doorag:

BoilerAnimal
09-18-2019, 09:23 AM

Switching might be a good idea. The last thing you want to do is to hide in plain sight!

Gwolf
09-18-2019, 12:18 PM

Yep........... your rain suit should look like the lit up screen of a cell phone to be easily noticed these days.

Motorcycledave
09-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Bright Chicken Yellow

I am a huge KLIM fan. It’s all I wear as in snowmobile gear. My wife and I both wear the klim mesh jacket’s with armor on the spyder. I am not here to promote Klim, my question is what color rain gear do you wear? I am looking at the Klim forecast gortex jacket and pants. I really wanted the overshell which is light gray and dark gray but it is being discontinued. I get a pretty good discount so I am not worried about the price. I like the yellow ( high visibility) but my fear is How dirty, black streaked, and ugly it will look after the first rain ride. Does the bright colors look really dirty from the road grime during or after the storm? They offer an all black too. Just not sure as in color. Both have reflective materials. It will only be used in rain. I have a wind stop layer to slide under the mesh jacket if it gets cold. What color raingear do you wear?

troop
09-21-2019, 07:48 AM
Olympia New Horizons for me. Awesome quality ..