PDA

View Full Version : 2020 RT and F3

bikerbillone
09-12-2019, 06:55 AM
Just did a quick on line review of the RT and F3, seems the storage capacity has changed from 41 gal to 36+, that makes no sense, but it is what it is. Makes the 2018 and 19 a better buy. Just my opinion of course.

spyder01
09-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Your right that doesn't make sense bc in the videos I saw they said that storage was increased and they showed that the trunk could hold two full face helmets.I know the trunk on my 17 rtl cant hold helmets.Also the frunk uses the same roll away luggage as the older models so its at least as big.Im not sure about the f3 as I dont have one.

blacklightning
09-12-2019, 08:17 AM
I am thinking that the side cases on the RT series are not as big for 2020. On my 2014, you could fit an XL helmet in one side. Doesn't look like you can do that anymore. But they do still look larger than the ones on my F3T.

Highwayman2013
09-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Just did a quick on line review of the RT and F3, seems the storage capacity has changed from 41 gal to 36+, that makes no sense, but it is what it is. Makes the 2018 and 19 a better buy. Just my opinion of course.

The 2020 RT has no trunk and lists as 31 gal. The RT Limited comes with the trunk and is listed at 47 gal capacity.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/spyder/spyder-rt/spyder-rt-limited.html

ThreeWheels
09-12-2019, 08:26 AM
I am thinking that the side cases on the RT series are not as big for 2020. On my 2014, you could fit an XL helmet in one side. Doesn't look like you can do that anymore. But they do still look larger than the ones on my F3T.

Don't know about the F3.
As to the RT, the storage goes up from 41 gallons to 47 gallons.
I think the difference is, for 2020, the top case is optional for both the RT and F3.
Previously, the RT had fixed topcases.
I like it. I'm trying to talk myself into going for the 2020 RT.

ARtraveler
09-12-2019, 10:07 AM
I have come full circle when it comes to top cases. My last 10 bikes or so (five Spyders included), have all had top cases. Two of the Spyders were add on accessories and the other three included the top case as part of the RT package. On three wheels, The different center of gravity presented no problem. On two wheels, it made a difference balance wise.

Our travel on bikes (spyders now), has always included packing light. In most cases, I have found that a top case is not necessary. PS, we each have our own Spyders.

Since the top case is now a $2K option...that took care of it for me. Not only no, but heck no. :roflblack:

I actually the the look of NO top case...as in Road King or similar. If I make any changes, it will be the NO top case version. :popcorn:

Wahrsuul
09-13-2019, 07:29 AM
For me it's not much of an option, and the 2020 might not work anyway. The trunk looks like the one off the F3 models. I wanted an F3, but the wife was not happy with the rear seat. Since the tryke is for her to able to ride with me, she needs to be comfy so it was the RT or nothing.

Fearless
09-13-2019, 03:33 PM
Hi Wahrsuul

I also wanted a F3 with top case, however SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) said the pillion seat was a bit small.

Oh well, back to a RT.

I do like the look of the new 2020 RT, shame there is no shaft drive.

Cheers and beers
Frank

trikermutha
09-13-2019, 04:00 PM
I seen that top case at the motorcycle show and always wanted that case on the RT. Plenty of room in it.

bikerbillone
09-13-2019, 05:00 PM
The 2020 RT has no trunk and lists as 31 gal. The RT Limited comes with the trunk and is listed at 47 gal capacity.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/spyder/spyder-rt/spyder-rt-limited.html

Thanks for clarification, I did check the link and sure enough, they say 47 gallons. Now that is a game changer right there for a two up long ride, and with the 7 gallon fuel tank, come February I'm taking a good look.