PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Falls, New York

safecracker
09-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Sue and I have just arrived here in New York. Plan on riding the Catskills the next 2 days. What routes would you folks suggest. Bruce

ARtraveler
09-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Give this a try:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?113177-Catskills-Mountains-Spyder-Riders-Club

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Sue and I have just arrived here in New York. Plan on riding the Catskills the next 2 days. What routes would you folks suggest. Bruce

I am a bit familiar with some roads but by sight not name :dontknow: ….. send " otter28169 " a PM ….. he knows them like the back of His hand ….. Mike :ohyea:

safecracker
09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Thank you, Artraveler and thank you Mike. Will do

newbert
09-10-2019, 09:36 PM

If you're in the Glens Falls area, you're much nearer the Adirondacks than you are to the Catskills.

Lots of good riding around Washington County (farmland) and/or around Great Sacandaga Lake. (To get to Sacandaga, head to Lake Luzerne - then turn right and continue thru the village of Hadley. To head to Washington County, just head East out of Glens Falls. You also can easily get to central/southern Vermont from Glens Falls thru Washington County as well. Or ride up the west side of Lake George (on Route 9N north of Glens Falls).

LOTS of excellent choices.

safecracker
09-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Just got back from doing the 9n loop. Great ride.

LongIsland
09-11-2019, 04:29 PM
If you have time go to Progressive Powersports in Glen Falls, they provide maps with rides routed on them.

newbert
09-11-2019, 08:49 PM
If you have time go to Progressive Powersports in Glen Falls, they provide maps with rides routed on them.

FWIW, Progressive Powersports is located in Hudson Falls (4 miles from Glens Falls) - on Route 4, just south of Dix Avenue.

safecracker
09-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Newbert, thank you for the info. On Thursday we rode around Great Sacandaga Lake. There are alot of turns on that route. We had a really good ride. I noticed on Wednsday that both of my headlights were not working. I used my fog lights as headlights during thd day. No night riding. Left yesterday around 9:00 am and got home at dusk. I just finished replacing both bulbs this morning. In Glen Falls area this weekend are 2 big events going on. One is a gatherig of Victory bikes and the other is a car show. Had a really good time. Bruce

Mikey
09-14-2019, 11:20 AM
I have done a lot of work in New York, I have found that the northern end of the state is great farm land, vineyards, very nice!!:thumbup:

newbert
09-14-2019, 11:21 AM
Glad that you enjoyed my area and that you made it home safe. Lots of good riding around here.