PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster sway bar maybe?

Jackhartjr
09-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Hi folks, 2013 RTL, I am finding all kinds of upgrades.
How would I know if a Lamonster sway bar is one by looking at it?
Thanks in advance!

CopperSpyder
09-08-2019, 05:47 PM
The swaybar will have aluminum links with Lamonster engraved on them, The bar will be thicker then stock bar. If I remember right 5/8 dia. for the stock bar, I think with plastic links.

jcthorne
09-09-2019, 08:15 AM
In the center of the bar, where it passes through the frame, there will be a Bajaron brand decal on the bar. End links will also be metal not black plastic.

BajaRon
09-09-2019, 09:52 AM
The stock bar for the RT is 5/8" in diameter. Take a 5/8" open end wrench. If it fits over any straight portion of the bar it is a stock bar. If it will not fit over the bar, then you have an upgraded bar kit installed. Some have replaced the original plastic end link set with the billet aluminum set without changing out the bar itself. So the metal end links are not always conclusive evidence that the bar has been upgraded.

Hope this helps!

RICZ
09-09-2019, 11:27 AM
Will I feel any improvement if I replace the plastic links with metal ones? That seems to me like an easy first step.

BajaRon
09-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Will I feel any improvement if I replace the plastic links with metal ones? That seems to me like an easy first step.

The consensus is 'Yes'. Though I have not personally tested this on any Spyder model. A number of customers have told me that it does make a difference. I have personally tested this on the Ryker, which has a much weaker sway bar system because it is a lighter weight and smaller machine. I can say that going to ridged links did make a difference in this application.

Obviously, the improvement will not be near what it is with a full sway bar upgrade. You will have to have ridden enough and be familiar with the handling characteristics of your Spyder or you may not perceive the improvement gained.

RICZ
09-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that reply. I do have the entire swaybar assembly on my winter project list.

BajaRon
09-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks for that reply. I do have the entire swaybar assembly on my winter project list.

That is what I recommend. And not because I want to sell more bars. But it is really neat to get the sway bar upgraded and feel that level of control that you never knew you were missing. The smiles are priceless! :thumbup:

h0gr1der
09-09-2019, 07:21 PM
That is what I recommend. And not because I want to sell more bars. But it is really neat to get the sway bar upgraded and feel that level of control that you never knew you were missing. The smiles are priceless! :thumbup:

:agree:
I'm glad I rode about 2500 miles before doing the bar, you really can feel the difference. the bar, plus more toe (alignment) in made the RTL drive very easily. No more fighting the bike.

Big F
09-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Order the sway bar from Lamonster like I did and you will know it is authentic.. Mine works fine on my 2018 RTL
BIG F