PDA

View Full Version : Bumped up the suspension cams today

DynamoBT
07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Front and rear. Made a HUGE difference!! HUGE!!! The Spyder handled much better. I honestly didn't think the Spyder handled poorly at the mid level settings. But that's only because I hadn't experienced how great it handles with the suspension settings at the max.

I had the dealer do it. And I'm glad I did. The rear took quite a bit of persuasion even after being lubed. Had my 3000 mile service done as well. Got a private tutorial throughout the servicing. I'm not ready to do my own oil changes. But I really learned a lot. The service at this dealer is tops! Bickford's Powersports in Epsom, NH

Tom in NM
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I have not noticed any handling problems ( 145# and no extra weight on the Spyder ) and my shocks are at setting 3 ( and tire pressure 19# front & 29# back ) Actually I was thinking of going softer, but will try out harder.

But, the MOST REMARKABLE THING in your post was your dealer giving you the tutorial. WOW!!!!!!!! The guy who worked on mine would not even speak to me directly - only through a Service Representative Translator. I asked a couple of questions, the SRT would turn around and repeat the question to the Tech, the Tech would answer, the SRT would turn around and repeat the answer. All in the same language. Total absurdity.
They rolled the Spyder into a loading bay and then shut the doors so I could not watch or see what they were doing. I am pretty sure this was for my "benefit" since with the door closed it was hot in there. I am sure if I had not been there, the door would have been left open.

If I can do it, my next scheduled maintenance will be at Bickford's Powersports in Epsom, NH!

Tom